Vessels unto Honor ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: Vessels unto Honor
Text: 2 Timothy 2:19-21
Minister: Pst. Belemina Obunge
The truth about life is, God makes it clear that in a great house, in an organization, in a church, in a family, there are some people that are of honour; they bring honour to God, their lives showcases honour, everything about them is manifesting honour. While there are some that are not of honour. The word of God says anyone that want to be a vessel unto honour, anyone that wants to be honoured by God, anyone that wants to be celebrated, valued and esteemed by God, has to make sure they get rid of certain things in their life.
Honour means to be valued, to be honoured means to be celebrated, to be distincted, to experience glory, to be prestigious, to be graced right in heave and on earth. God’s desire for each and everyone of us, honour should be our life style. Psalm 8:4-5. As far as God is concerned, we were designed to manifest glory and honour. That people should look at us and what they should see is God’s glory and honour. Everything about us should manifest honour. It’s unfortunate that some people don’t seem to understand the place that God has made for them in life, and they miss their position.
AREAS OF LIFE WHERE WE NEED TO MANIFEST HONOUR
- Our Foundation: The Bible says the foundation of God standeth sure. The means that right from our foundation, we should be honoured. Matt. 7:24-27. What kind of foundation are we setting in our marriages? what kind of foundation are we setting in our business? What kind of faundation are we setting in our academics? If the foundation honours God, as the business or marriage grows, God will be honoured. The stability of a building is determined by the foundation of the building; the stability of a marriage, business and even one’s children is determined by the foudation. Is God honoured in the foundation?
- Our Finances: Lev. 23:10 “Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest”. The principle of first fruit doesn’t fail, this principle is firmly rooted in the word of God. Proverbs 3:9 “Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase”. We are to honour the Lord with the very best of our substance. God doesn’t beg for our services, but when we render our service to God, it must be the very best. Whatever we are doing unto the Lord, it must be the very best. When you give God the first, he takes care of the rest. We must honour the Lord in our finances.
- Our Relationship: We must honour God in our friendships and relationships. You may ask yourself, the friendship I am maintaining, does it glorify God? 2 Cor. 6:14-17 “Be ye not unequally yoked with unbelievers”. A yoke is something that joins, and when animals are yoked together, they are of the same height, they move together because they are yoked together. Now, if there is an unequal yoke, there will be difficulty. Be ye not unequally yoke with unbelievers; that relationship must be one that glorifies God. The Lord makes it clear in 2 Cor. 6:16 “You are the temple of the living God” in other words, take your rightful place. So, we ask ourselves if our relationships and businesses glorifies God. God must be honoured in all our relationships.
- Our Faith: In our faith, God must be honoured. There will be trials of our faith. Everyone celebrated in scripture, had some form of tials of his faith. And the word of God says in 1 Peter 1:7 “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ”. Aas those trials comes, make sure you pass the test of integrity. You faith must be tested and God must be honoured in the midst of those trials. Brethren, as we go through trials of faith, may we not compromise in Jesus name.
- The Fear of God: Prov 22:4 “By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life”. When you determine to manifest the fear of God, he will honour you. Joseph refused to compromise because he feared God. When you love God you don’t want to give room to shame. Psalm 91:14-16
- My father, my father, whatever will bring shame t my life and family, to my stand as a Christian. I reject it in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, please address the foundation of my life, marriage, business and family. In anyway we have given room for the enemy to attack the foundation, please restore in Jesus name.