This same Jesus ~ Bro. Ekene Otugeme
Topic: This same Jesus
Text: Isaiah 9:6, Acts 10:38, Heb. 13:8
Preacher: Bro. Ekene Otugeme
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
I have known Jesus Christ to be many things; some call him the great provider, the great healer, and so on. We all have our wonderful names for God, I personally call him the handler of situation because whenever there is a situation God has his way of stepping in and handling that situation. There is something I want us to note today from our anchor scripture – Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever”. It means that whatever it is that you are passing through life, whatever situation, whatever circumstances you may be in, you have just one question to ask yourself; if you are analytical enough you would notice that the scripture “Hebrews 13:8” reveals an attribute of Jesus’ consistency. When you are talking about consistency, it means that if you go somewhere today, tomorrow and forever that you will meet the same thing. Therefore, if I have any problem or concern in life, I only need to ask myself one question which is “has Jesus ever solved this kind of problem before?”, whether in the Bible or someone you know or have heard of. If the answer is yes, it means that Jesus Christ that did it yesterday, is same today and can always handle such situation forever – which settles it.
Acts 10:38 says “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”. I’m going to be giving few examples of what Jesus has done and while you go through these examples, I want you to key into it, knowing that if he has done it before, he can do it again. Humans can be inconsistent in their dealings but God is consistent, if he says it, he will do it.
THINGS THAT I HAVE SEEN GOD DO BEFORE
1. I have seen God heal the sick: John 5:1-8 talks about the man at the pool of Bethesda, for 38 years he had been there having no man to put him in when the water is steered, but bible recorded that Jesus Christ healed that man and he took up his bed and began to rejoice. The same Jesus who healed the sick is the same yesterday, today and forever. At the beginning of COVID-19, someone very close to me was affected, but after series of prayers his result turned negative. God healed that person and it was as if nothing ever happened before. The same Jesus who has healed in time past is set to heal you in Jesus name.
2. I have seen God cause the Barren to become fruitful: When we say fruitfulness, it’s not only about fruitfulness as per children, though that’s one of it. It could also mean that you have not been producing result in your life. As many reading this piece that has been stock for this long, God is able to make you fruitful in the name of Jesus. Remember the story of peter in [Luke 5:1-5], recorded that Peter had been toiling all night and couldn’t catch any fish. What does it mean to be fruitless? It means you are putting in so much effort but no result. God is the one that is able to convert all those efforts to results, you will be fruitful from today henceforth in Jesus name. Whatever your problem may be, God is able to reproduce such miracles again.
3. I have seen God make way where there seem to be no way: I have had experiences where I got to some point in my life and I was stock, and I saw God make way where there seems to be no way. Luke 1:37 “For with God nothing shall be impossible”. Nothing actually means nothing. I have seen God make way where there seems to be no way. If you have been stock and can’t move forward, God is making a way for you where there is no way in Jesus name. With God nothing shall be impossible, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever [Hebrews 13:8a].
4. I have seen God answer specific prayer: Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them”. If it is God saying these things, then he will surely do them. Remember the anchor scripture Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever“. I have seen God answer prayers specifically; I remember sometime last year, I went for a course that was done on emergency and was also difficult. The first few days I was confused but I always tell God at the end of each day to help me. It came to pass, that at the end of the course, God gave me a miracle and I performed very well. Is there any challenge in your life? Hold God by his word and he will do it again.
5. I have seen God provide unexpectedly: John 6:9 “There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?”. God can provide for you unexpectedly. I had an opportunity to travel abroad some time ago and there were no funds to take care of the bill. Through prayers and trust in God, God dramatically made provisions for me and I had a successful trip and training abroad. God can still do same today again and again.
6. I have seen God set the captive free: God can set the captives free. Isaiah 49:24-25 “Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? 25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children”. God will fight all those who are trying to fight you and will deliver you from them in Jesus name.
I have seen God give meaning to lives, when someone is at the verge of giving up, I watch God give that person’s life meaning again. In Luke 7:37, we see how Jesus gave Mary Magdalene’s life meaning again. He has changed so many person’s lives from zero to hero. God also have the ability to save people, I have seen God save sinners and he is still saving sinners today.
If you are yet to give your life to Christ, God is able to save you and deliver you from all forms of destruction.
- Father transform us from the hearers to the doers of your word in Jesus name.