The wonders of His word ~Pst. Segun
Topic: The wonders of His word
Text: Hebrews 4:12
Preacher: Pastor Segun
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
According to our anchor scripture [Proverbs 10:22] in the previous service, we established that the blessings is not limited to finance only, or material possession. We looked at the first interaction that God had with man was that he blessed man “Genesis 1:28”. God gave man a fivefold ministry: be fruitful, multiply, replenish, subdue, and have dominion. We also looked at the chapter of the scripture that emphasized blessings [Deut. 28:1-14], we looked at the significance of blessing in that passage; we said that the blessings of the Lord can be locational, physical, generational, spiritual and transitional (our going out and coming in). We also looked at how we ought to position ourselves for this blessing; one of which is that we must have a relationship with God, others are to honor our parents, be a blessing to others and as well make it a choice to be a partaker of the blessing [Deut. 30:19]. We rounded up by saying one other way to connect to this blessing is to make yourself a living sacrifice [Rom. 12:1-2].
Now, we would emphasize on the wonders of the word of God. Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”. Nothing happens until a word is spoken, why? John 6:63 “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life”. Words are powerful, the word of God is so powerful that we don’t know how powerful the word of God is. One of the characteristics of the word is that it is quick, it is not bound by space and time. It is important that we speak the word of the Lord, it is important that we have the word of the Lord, it is important that we read, memorize, meditate, and profess the word of the Lord. The account of David and Goliath shows how powerful words can be, it was more or less a battle of words; and we noticed that all David said came to pass [1 Samuel 17]. The creation of the world as captured in Hebrews 11:3 was by the word of God. Psalm 107:20 “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions”. A woman some time ago that had fibroid, listening to a message like this got her healing by engaging in a word therapy every morning afternoon and night for 7 days. I pray for you, as you go through this message, whatever situation you are in that is not of the Lord, you are coming out of it in Jesus name. Isaiah 55:10-11 “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it”.
How do you engage the word?
1. You must read the word. Colossians 3:16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”
2. You must meditate on the word. Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success”.
3. You must speak and confess the word. (Joshua 1:8)
4. You must to the word. The word won’t make any meaning if we don’t do the word. James 1:22 “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves”.
Make the following confession and declaration
– I shall be the head and not the tail
– I shall be above only
– Whatever I lay my hands on shall prosper
- Say Lord bless me indeed in Jesus name.