The God of all Circumstances ~ Pst. Otonye Davies
Topic: THE GOD OF ALL CIRCUMSTANCES
Text: Romans 4:17-25
Speaker: Pst. Otonye Davies
Date: 9th October 2022, Second Service
Psalms 40:1-4 (KJV)
17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. 18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Life is made up of twists and turns, ups and downs, and we go through different times and different seasons, the knowledge of God tells us not to limit ourselves or define our existence by the things that we see because beyond the things that are seen, some things are unseen until it comes to a manifestation, the word of God tells us to depend on the Word of God.
Psalms 125:1(AMP), our text confirms that God can bring into existence the things that were not, as long as he desires to do so, so your prayer should be “let the desire of God meets with your expectation”, all we need is for the will of God to be aligned with our desires.
In Deuteronomy 28:13 when the Lord declared that He will make you the head and not the tail He gave us a condition and He says “if we will harken unto His commandments and observe to do them”, why did He say so? Because he knows that given the fact that the word has been declared, there will be forces and situations challenging the things that He has said concerning you.
When God spoke to Abraham in Genesis 17 that He will make him a father of nations, everything that would have made Abraham the Father of nations has been compromised, but despite Abrahams’s situation, it didn’t change the world of God coming to pass.
We as Christians need to know that we need FAITH to move on, the journey of Christianity is a journey of Faith many times there are things that will challenge us but we need to remember that God is the God of all circumstances. No circumstance can rob him of His power of being God, no situation can change the fact that He’s God.
I dare to say, that because you are having a challenge today does not mean that God is not God because He is bigger than your problems, He is greater than you, and He is greater than the problem you are looking at, you need to look away from your problem and look to God, look away from your troubles and look at the forthcoming miracles.
You do not give up easily when you are sure of who is behind you. I’m not saying that challenges will not come, they will come because that’s the test of our faith. When you know that God is backing you, it doesn’t matter how long it will take, because you know of a certainty that what God says will happen. Only those who persevere can outlive their challenges, when you go through challenges, it’s not the time to give up, it is the time to persist. Only those that persevere can overcome difficulties and challenges.
Things to note as Christians:
- As Christians we need to be fully persuaded, the Bible tells us that Abraham was fully persuaded despite his knowledge of the fact that everything that could bring to pass the word of the Lord was at a compromise because the womb of his wife was dead.
- Don’t let where you are today define your existence because you know you have a God that is beyond where you stand, everyplace that you stand is your bus stop and not your final stop, the moment you make your bus stop your final stop it becomes a problem, and that you accept your situation as your story that’s when there is a problem. There is a God that can rewrite the story of your life
- Knowing that the God you serve is a God of all circumstances, don’t yield to contrary voices and don’t believe those negative voices. Close your ears to storytellers (those that remind you of why you will not make progress), and disassociate yourself from them. Avoid agents of discouragement, they are everywhere singling songs of discouragement, avoid them.
- Tarry in the place of prayer, prayer changes things, don’t give up on the edge of your prayer, pray until something happens, the Bible says that ” The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”.
- Learn to declare the word of God concerning your situation, there is a scripture that fits your situation, a scripture that can reverse that situation.
- You should be expectant, he who is not expectant cannot receive, your being expectant comes from the fact that you believe that the God you are praying to will do something.
- Lord, revive my faith by your mercy and reach out to me.
- Father, remove every foundation of difficulties and impossibilities from my life in the name of Jesus.
- Psalm 115:14-15, Father according to your promise, increase me on every side in the name of Jesus. Turn around every sign in my life that does not align with your word, show yourself mighty, and we pray in the name of Jesus.
- Father, remove every pillar of discouragement in my life.
- Thank you, father, because we know that in this month and beyond you are changing our circumstances in the name of Jesus.