Restore ~ Philemon Okeke
Text: Joel 2:25
Preacher: Bro. Philemon Okeke
Joel 2:25 “And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.”
Restoration can also be known as compensation, replenish, to repair, to refurbish, or to upgrade. From the text, God reveals his ability to restore, as he has said; “I will restore what has been eaten.”
3 Ways in which God can restore
- By making the devourer return and vomit what they have taken.
He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly.
And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
- He empowers you to pursue, recover and possess
1 Samuel 30:8
And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.
- 3. He recreate what has been lost
- For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
- Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
- Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
How does God restore (Divine restoration pattern)
- He gives you something fresh. 2 Kings 5:13-14, Colossians 2:4
2 Kings 5:13-14
- And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
- Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
- He He makes it better. John 2:10, Luke 15:21-24
John 2:10 “And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.”
- He makes it bigger. Job 42:10-12, Ephesians 3:20 “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,”
- He makes it supernatural and unbelievable. Ezekiel 37
What can be restored?
- Years: God can restore years by pausing the days from counting, like he did to Joshua. Hebrews 11
- Joy: joy is essential in the life of Believers. Also jot that joy is not happiness, it emanates from the spirit.
- Generational inheritance
- Soul: To you know that, tge the reason why people struggle to give their life to Christ or maintain their Christian race is because their souls is not whole. How can ones soul be lost?
- Through what you say
Benefits of restoration
- It silences your mockers
- It wastes and frustrates the efforts of enemies
- It put the enemy to perpetual regrets.
Why God restores
To launch you into abundance
To make you bigger, better and work in the Supernatural
Isaiah 42:22 “But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.”
Ask the lord to restore you. The scripture says; “because you have not said restore, none delivereth. Therefore ask the lord to restore your marriage, family, soul, health, etc.
Leave a Reply