Evangelism: Key to great turn around ~ Idoreyin Abraham
Topic: Evangelism: Key to great turn around
Text: Matthew 28:18-20
Preacher: Idoreyin Abraham
- And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and earth.
- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Right from the fall of man as enumerated in Genesis. 3:8-24, God’s greatest agenda has been to reconcile men back to himself. The price for the agenda was God’s only begotten son Jesus. That is why anyone who receives Jesus experience a turn around, and also, there is great jubilation in heaven over every soul who returns to God. Luke 15:10 “Likewise, I say unto you there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over on sinner that repenteth.”. So, it is a great privilege for us to be the vessel in which God will use to achieve this agenda.
From our anchor scripture, Jesus commanded us, he said “go ye”, just like orders in the military cannot be negotiated, but obeyed. As believers, God has charged us with the responsibility of propagating the gospel of Jesus. You must be involved in evangelism as a believer and a child of God. God in is sovereign can actually bring men to the knowledge of his son in his own way but he wants us to be involved as co-labourers 1 Cor. 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building. Of a necessity, we must be involved in evangelism. It’s not to be negotiated but obeyed.
What happens when you obey God’s command?
- God backs you up with grace Acts 1:8
- He releases upon you the ability to bear fruit John 15:8
- You position yourself as a vessel unto honour in God’s hand 2 Timothy 2:20
- You earn a special privilege for answer to prayer and attention from God. John 15:16
To whom are you commissioned to?
- To the whole world, starting from your Jerusalem (you sphere of influence)
Why are you sent?
- You are sent to preach the Gospel of Jesus (Rom. 1:16). Jesus is the answer for the world today.
- You are to go out and declare the resurrection of Jesus as salvation to the lost
- It is to declare the Lordship of Jesus over all.
- To declare every truth of the word of God
Why should you preach the gospel?
- It is a command that must be obeyed Matt. 16:17, Luke 4:46
- To keep silent in the decay of this present age is sin. Evil will always thrive if nobody reveals the truth.
- It gives you an opportunity to know more of God 1Tim. 2:15 “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”
Jesus is the answer, evangelism is God’s heartbeat and concern. Make evangelism your own heartbeat and concern, to the end that you can meet the demand of the King’s business. In achieving this, do note that to preach the gospel is to live the gospel, this is before some persons might never read the scriptures but they can see in through your life, 2 Cor. 3:3 “Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart”. May you not disappoint him in Jesus name. Amen.
- Father, baptize me with zeal and passion for souls.
- Lord help me to be wise in soul winning. Dan. 12:3
Leave a Reply