Deliverance by the Spirit of God ~ Pst. Otonye DaviesDeliverance by the Spirit of God ~
Topic: DELIVERANCE BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD
Text: Zechariah 4:6-9
Speaker: Pst. Otonye Davies
Date: 26th March 2023. 1st Service
6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.
7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
8 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.
God can deliver with everything and anything, our scripture clearly says a few things, first, we do not get deliverance by our might (not by the magnitude of our degrees or our wisdom of connection) but deliverance is of God. Whatever God delivers you from, you are delivered from it because God is the author, creator and designer of deliverances so whenever He delivers a man that deliverance is perfect and it doesn’t need a rework (the work is finished and satisfied).
Deliverance by the Spirit of God:
- When God delivers by His Spirit, that deliverance is complete.
- When the Spirit of God moves, inexplicable things begin to happen (people do not understand).
- When the Spirit of God moves concrete and hard things begin to melt, they begin to give way, and mountains begin to move because the Spirit of God is in action.
- When the Spirit of God is in action stinking and rotten things begin to receive the freshness of life.
- When the Spirit moves shackles break, in the case of Peter, the bars gave way by themselves.
- When the Spirit of God is in action, dry places becomes watered, and harvest becomes surplus, look at the case of the fishers of men, when then the Spirit of God came, their nets could not carry the fish.
- When the Spirit of God is in action, the frightened receive boldness, the dead come back to life, and sorrows are turned to joy.
Luke 4:18, Judges 14:6, and Judges 6, through the intervention of the Spirit of God there is a reversal of cases and situations. The Spirit of God gives direction, it makes your adversaries not overshadow you (Just as He did for Gideon in the Bible). Judges 11, the Spirit of God came upon Jephthah and he did the unthinkable, he secured a great victory. Judges 4:15-16, the Spirit of God came through for Barack, the hunted became the hunter, and the Spirit of God works in your favor.
The blessings of God are mighty but deliverance is sure and relationship begets benefits.
Spirit of God come upon me today!
Leave a Reply