Beyond the Letters ~ Pst. Kenny Agbanigo
Topic: Beyond the Letters
Text: 2 Cor. 3: 5 – 8
Speaker: Pst. Kenny Agbanigo
The word of God is a messenger of deliverance. Letters are written messages. Letters are also called Epistles. According to our opening text letters are called inscriptions of the law.
The word of God is not just written, it is living. There is life in the Word of God. Every letter in the Word of God has communications. Reading the Bible as mere letters would deprive you of the Spirit behind the Word. The Word can only be impactful when you contact the Spirit and the life of the Word. Studying the Bible to obtain a PhD in Christian Religious Knowledge is not the same as contacting the spirit of the word.
The intent of this message is bring us to the place of communication with the spirit of the letter (Word).
When the Spirit of the God is released through the Word the following happens:
- There would be a release of LIFE. – 1 John 1: 1-2
- Until the Life of the word is released, there’ll be no impact
- When the life of God gets in contact with any situation, there must be a transformation. – 2 Cor. 3:6
- God has called us to preach Spiritual Messages and not intelligent ones.
- The Life released in God’s word gives hope that enables you cope.
- If you have hope, you’ll know that your introduction does not determine your conclusion.
- There would be a release of Light – John 1: 1-4
- You’re not seeing because you have eyes, you can only see because you have light. In Darkness you can’t see though you have eyes.
- God’s Light is encapsulated in His word.
- Not everything that glitters is gold let God’s Light direct you.
- No detail is too small to pray about.
- Those who can pray would come out glorious
- The Light of God’s word gives assurance.
Prophecy: “WHERE YOU HAVE NO HELP, GOD’S MERCY WOULD BE YOUR GUARANTOR.”
- There would be a release of latent power. – Eccl. 8:4
- In each one of us is deposits of power, power untapped in its potential form. The entrance of God’s word stirs up this power for utilization.
- God’s word in Rev. 1:6 tells us we have been made Kings. Hence our words would not fall to the ground.
- If you are heavenly conscious, you would be earthly relevant.
Prophecy: “MAY THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE VISIT ANY DECAYING SITUATION IN YOUR LIFE.”
Prophecy: “NOTHING WOULD DIE IN YOUR HAND ANYMORE”
In conclusion, The word of God Produces Life, the Life produces Light and the Light produces power. – John 1: 1 – 5