As it is in Heaven ~ Bro. Ekene Otukeme
Topic: AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
Text: Matthew 6:9-10
Speaker: Bro. Ekene Otukeme
Date: 26th March 2023. 2nd Service
Matthew 6:9-10 (KJV)
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
There are two kinds of deliverances;
- Incomplete/partial deliverance
- Total deliverance
Hebrews 7:25, God is capable of giving total deliverance.
The sentence “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven” means;
You can activate the will of God on Earth to reflect the way things are in Heaven. Earth can also represent your LIFE. Rephrasing the sentence “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in MY LIFE, as it is in heaven”, therefore, means that if you can get a glimpse of how things work in Heaven then your life can be a replica of how things are being done in Heaven.
“As it is in Heaven” means let my life reflect what is in Heaven! Do you know that you don’t have to wait until you get to Heaven before you start to enjoy the benefits of Heaven here on Earth? The problem of many Christians is that they believe that we suffer on Earth and when we all get to Heaven, we enjoy the benefits but we can enjoy what is obtainable in Heaven while we are here on Earth.
If God’s Kingdom has been established in your life, then you will begin to experience Heaven on earth! Philippians 3:20, we are all citizens of Heaven and this means that we are supposed to be enjoying the benefits of a citizen, there are privileges and rights for being a citizen, so when we say “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven” because we are citizens of Heaven, those things should reflect in our life. You are short-changing your life when you are not benefiting from Heaven while you are here on Earth.
Many of us are not aware of the benefits accrued to us as citizens of Heaven, we don’t know the privileges and rights, and we don’t know what is obtainable in Heaven, so we just leave our lives at the barest minimum. Ignorance of benefits as a child can prevent you from living life here on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Characteristics of Heaven (things obtainable in Heaven):
- In Heaven there is no hunger or thirst, Revelation 7:15-16: If I am a citizen of Heaven then there should be no hunger or thirst in my life. If there happens to be any lack or hunger then it should be prayed out because in Heaven it is not so.
- In Heaven tears are wiped away, Revelation 7:17: God will wipe away your tears in Jesus’ name, Amen!
- There is service in Heaven, Revelation 7:15: In Heaven, people are not just sitting down, there is service. There is a place of service in Heaven, people only think about what God can do for them, and they don’t think about what they can do for God.
- In Heaven there are pleasant surprises, 1 Corinthians 2:9: If you love God, He will fill you with pleasant surprises.
- No more curses, Revelations 22:1-3: If there is no curse in Heaven then we shouldn’t be living our lives in curses.
- There are many mansions in Heaven, John 14:2: This means that if you take the word, there is something about placing your faith in the word of God, at the barest minimum you cannot be crying for house rent because God shall supply all your needs and you will move from paying your rent to owning your own house.
- In Heaven disgrace and shame are completely removed, Romans 10:11: No more shame and disgrace.
- In Heaven there is peace, Romans 14:17: You should not be troubled; it is an error! As it is in Heaven there is speak, so speak peace into your life. Peace should be found in your life.
- In Heaven everything is new, Isaiah 64:4, Revelation 27:1-8: It means that it is the dawn of a new day for you, old things are passed away, and the past is the past.
- There are revelations, Revelations 22:4-5: This means light, ideas, insight. There are so many revelations and solutions.
If you know your right as a citizen of Heaven, there are certain things you should not be struggling with.
Lord, I want to experience this Heaven of Earth in my life. As it is in Heaven may it be done in my life.
Leave a Reply