The Word Prevails over Darkness ~ Pst Gboyega Shitta
Topic: The Word Prevails over Darkness.
Text: John 1 : 1-14
Speaker: Pst Gboyega Shitta
These three can is established in our opening text
- The Word was in the beginning.
- The Word was with God.
- The Word was God.
If the Word was in the beginning and the Word was with God and there is nothing made without the Word then there is nothing impossible with the Word. 90% of our problems are solved by understanding the integrity and power of the Word. From our text in verse 3 John begins to address the Word with the pronoun Him, this clearly tells us that the Word is a person. The Word is Jesus.
God’s Word is light, God’s Word is Life, God’s Word prevails over darkness. With a combination of Light and Life all things are settled. Forever O Lord, your Word is settled.
Matt 17:1 -5
These passage above accounts for the event on the mount of transfiguration. The significant experience on the mount of transfiguration was the Light that shone. On the mount, the totality of the word of God was represented; the law (represented in Moses), the Prophets ( represented in Elijah) and the Gospel (represented in Jesus).
Isaiah 8: 20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
- God’s Word evicts and dispels darkness
- There are lights and there is True Light.
- What makes you a true believer is the content of light you carry
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Before now, the name Jesus had been the Word. It was sin that necessitated the Word to be called Jesus. Matt 1:21 the name Jesus came so as to save from sin.
Exodus 34: 1-2, 27-29.
Moses’ mission on the mountain was an interaction with the Word. Moses was hearing the Word and he was writing it also.
He more of His word you have in you the less likely you would attract whatever is not His word.
There are five things God wants us to do with His word:
- Read the word
- Hear the word
- Meditate on the word
- Practice the word
- Speak the word; either in form of speaking to our situation or preaching the Gospel.
May God’s word produce light in your life.
In Verse 29 of Exodus 34 records how Moses’ face shone with a blinding intensity. This is the same measure of light the word of God carries.
Prophecy: Your life would be radiant with the glory of God beginning from today.
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions
Prophecy: Tonight, the word of God would come through for you.
Rev 9: 10-12
This passage decribes Jesus as the Word of God. In verse 11 of the same passage, scriptures say in righteousness He judges and makes war.
Prophecy: Tonight God would make war against darkness, frustration, marital failures, sicknesses, diseases and poverty in your life.
In the next verse, His intruments of warfare are listed:
- Fire, verse 12: His eyes were like a flame of fire.
We can engage the fire of the Spirit to make war against the enemy.
- The Blood verse 13: He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood.
We can also engage the blood of Jesus to make war.
- His name, The Word of God, verse 3: and His name is called the Word of God.
These three are the instruments of warfare for Believers.
- Everything a believer would become in life is by the word of God.
- All battles are won by the word of God.
- The word of God is a container of God’s Light; God’s Glory.
There is the word of God and the word from God.
- The word of God is the application of scriptures we’ve read.
- The word from God is Rhema; The word of God for a particular situation and at a particular time.
When Gods word comes in darkness cannot stay.