You are worth more than you think ~ Pst. Adesoji Oni
Topic: You are worth more than you think
Text: 1 Cor. 2:6 – 8
Preacher: Pst. Adesoji Oni
1 Cor. 2:6-8
6. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
And we do know that all things worketh together for good to them that love God. With the storm under God’s control, we are secured; no matter what is happening. It is quite unfortunate that the church these days is beginning to weaver when faced with challenging situations, whereas, such times avails the believer a platform to understand the God he serves. Today we read of Daniel, Shedrach, Meshack and Abednego because, we saw how they were faced with temptation even to the point of laying down their lives; but God showed up. Today, I bring to your knowledge, that “you are worth more than you think.”
We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus today, but if he had died and was buried like every other god we read about, there wouldn’t be course for us to come together as a church to celebrate. But because he rose back to life, we know that there is hope for us. From the text 1 Cor. 2:6-8, we see how the wisdom of God took the enemies unawares. Our Lord Jesus came to this world and manifested himself in all wise; to showcase himself as the Lord of glory and one that came from God. The devil because of the devastated state he was placed at that time, conspired with his agent to get rid of Jesus, with the bid to stop his reign and good works upon the face of the earth. The Scriptures say “if hath they known, they wouldn’t have crucified the king of glory”, of course, they didn’t know the wisdom of God.
Jesus laid his life down because he needed to go to the cross, being his main assignment. All these Jesus did, for a purpose; to redeem you, he took his cross shamefully because he had to take your shame, he was nailed to the cross, he took your infirmity, he had removed the wall of partition separating us from God. He was made a propitiation for our sin: God was pacified by this sacrifice, and today we have access to God as though we did nothing.
God’s Love for us as touching the sacrifice
God gave up his only son, not just a son, an obedient and faithful son. Jesus had to die a painful death, and not only that, God turned his face the other because he loved those whom he was making the sacrifice for. After he gave up the ghost and was buried, appeared in hell and defeated Satan, taking the keys of life and death from the devil. Hence, the devil has no authority over your life. “Psalms 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.”
31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
If God could give up his son for our sake, what else would he not do for us, including deliverance and protection of corona virus? We need to understand certain things from the scriptures. Isaiah 53:1-5 captures the price paid on our behalf by Jesus on the cross.
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
Between fulfilling this in your life and giving up his son Jesus as a sacrifice; which is more difficult for God to do? Jere 32:7 is there anything to difficult for me to do for you? If you are faithful to God, his promises will come to pass in your life. That is why Paul asked in Acts 26:8 “Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?”
Why should it be thought a thing impossible, that God will protect us in this season of pandemic? God has put a mark of difference between people serving him and those that are not serving him.
Your worth and guarantee in Christ
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.
Every name, including CORONA Virus
CONCLUSION You are so precious in the sight of God, for him to have sacrificed his son Jesus for you. So why are you bothering yourself with what God can do for you? Psalm 23 says “the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want”; I shall not want healing, protection, provision, etc, because the Lord is my shepherd. Indeed, if this storm is under the control of our Maker, then you can go and sleep. Jesus himself said “the least in the kingdom is greater than John the Baptist”. Know your worth.