You are among the Privileged (Part 2) ~ Pst. Adesoji Oni
Topic: YOU ARE AMONG THE PRIVILEGED (Part 2)
Text: Matthew 19:10-11
Preacher: Pst. Adesoji Oni
10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
Though the scriptures we read was pointing to one aspect of life, there are many other areas of life that also which God has given us his word and yet people cannot understand it, except those to whom it is given. Matthew 13:44 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field”. tells us the reason why this is so. The things of the kingdom are like treasure hidden in the field. Only those who have found this treasure are able to benefit. The truth is, it is not his to those of us who are of the household of faith. We have been given to know the mystery which that no other person can be able to know. Psalms 92:6 “A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.” Sometimes when you tell people to give thanks to God is certain circumstances they find themselves, they will feel in their heart, if it’s worth it, because they don’t have understanding.
The truth is, there are a lot of things we don’t understand, that only God understands. Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”. There are certain things you cannot understand of God, “Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.” For example, a story of a man who died in the headquarters of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, everyone went wild and prayed so much that eventually, the man opened his eyes and began to quarrel the people, because it was the right time for him to go. The Bible also says “the mysteries of the workings of God cannot be known by anyone except those whom the Lord had revealed it to”. 1Cor. 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”. Except you are totally transformed by the spirit, you can’t understand how God works.”Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose”.
Treasures that are hid in God’s word
1. Being born of the spirit: The case of Nicodemus in John 3 shows the need to be born of the spirit before we can decide the mysteries of the kingdom. “John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit”.
2. Thanksgiving: We know that there are different times and seasons in the life of every man, and yet in 1Thessalonians 5:18 “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”. In everything, whether things are going weel or wrong, we ought to give thanks to God. For example, a prayer point was made to thank God for the breath of life. As long as you are breathing, no matter your situation give thanks to God.
3. Tithing: Years back, our father in the Lord (Daddy E.O Adeboye) preached a message on tithing, and he stated that those who don’t pay tithe will not make it to heaven. He proved it and said because God called them robbers. He said robbers cannot make it to heaven. When God say bring all the tithe to my storeroom. If God says ‘bring all’ and you are still struggling, then you have not understood the mystery of the kingdom in area of tithing. Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. To an ordinary man, he sees tithing as helping the church. The tithe is God’s money in the first instance. He also gave you the job and means of income.
4. Giving: Jesus speaking by the mouth of Paul in Acts 20:35 “I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.” I thought that it is in saving money in bank is what gives us more money, but God has proven that it is when you give you are blessed.
5. Humility: As far as kingdom is concerned, the more you humble yourself, the higher God takes you.
6. Holiness: How can you do business without paying bribe. You must learn to be holy in all things you do. Holiness is key. Do your part and allow God to do the rest.
7. Tribulations: This is another mystery we should take note of. On a normal sense, no one will glory in tribulation but to them that the mystery is revealed, such one ensures. Romans 5:3-5 “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” When you are accused for what you don’t know about, give God praise.
May you have the understanding of all these we’ve talked about and walk in them in Jesus name.
- I Lord God, as we continue in life, regardless of what we are going through we ask that you will intervene in Jesus name.
Leave a Reply