What do you see? ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: What do you see?
Text: Jeremiah 1:4-14
Preacher: Pastor Belemina Obunge
Whatever God was going to tell Jeremiah was a function of what Jeremiah saw. The vision Jeremiah saw determined what God was going to tell him. Without vision, God was not going to speak. And many at times, people may not receive any word from the Lord because they had not seen what the LORD wants them to see. And because people haven’t seen, they are not making the impact they ought to make. Gen. 13:14-18, after Lot and Abram was separated; the LORD now tells Abram “Lift up your eyes and see”. Without seeing you can’t get anything in life.
Many has got no vision – therefore, the lifting they expect, they haven’t experienced because they not seen it. Prov. 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish:”. Many are stagnant like Blind Bartimaeus because they can’t see. Mark 10:46. Some stumble because they are not seeing. Isaiah 59:10 “We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes”. Some are slow and others are snared and some slumber. Isaiah 59:10
What do you see? What you see determines your attainment in life, it determines your actualization in business, it determines your advancement, it determines your acceleration.
5 THINGS THAT DETERMINES WHAT YOU SEE
- Your Lenses: When you have a red lens, you’ll see white as red. When you have a green lens, you’ll see white as green. Whatever you see is a function of your lens. Your lens is your paradigm, your lens is your mindset. So, your mindset determines what you see. The bible tells us in Prov. 23:7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he”. So, when the word of God says in Rom. 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God”. You’ve got to be transformed, so that you can see as God wants you to see. Each and every one of us has a choice on the Lens he wants to put on. I urge everyone to see as God wants you to see.
- You Location: Your location talks about where you are settled, what you allow around you. Wherever you stay, determines what you see. What you see is a function of your environment and location affects your vision, and indeed can affect your behaviour. So, when God was speaking to Abram in Genesis 12 – He asked him to get out of his father’s house. And the bible tells us that Abram departed. Some people aren’t seeing right because they are in the wrong environment, they are with the wrong people, they are with those that will discourage them and weigh them down. They are in the wrong environment and with the wrong people. Psalm 27:4 “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple”. He just wanted to see God. When you are in his presence, he reveals himself to you. Hab. 2:1 “I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved”. The beautiful thing about coming to church is that you are in an environment where you can get God’s word and see what God wants you to see. You need to create the right environment, so you could see what God wants you to see. Prov. 13:20 “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Where you choose to locate yourself determines what you see.
- Your Level: The higher you go, the farther you see. And the father you see, the clearer you’ll hear things. What level have you determined to be with God? Each and every one of us have a choice to determine the level we want to go with God. What you see is a function of your level with God. Psalm 103:7 “He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel”. It is necessary that we grow in our level and knowledge of God. When you grow in your level with God, more of Christ is revealed in you.
- Light: What you see is a function of the light you are exposed to. It’s either one is exposed to light or one is exposed to darkness. Isaiah 60:1 “Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.” In this scripture, the bible reveals that light will be made manifest in you. What you see is a function of the Light you have allowed yourself to be exposed to. Psalm 69:23 “Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see.” Psalm 115:5 “They have mouth, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not”.
- Life: What you see is a function of the Life at work in you. Rev. 3:1 “I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.” One can be alive, yet spiritually you are dead. Jer. 21:8 “And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death”. I want to urge us all begin to see as God want us to see.
Oh Lord help me to live a life that will qualify for heaven
Oh Lord, let there be a renewal of my mind, that I’ll think as you want me to think
Oh Lord, lift me to greater height in my relationship with you
Oh Lord, remove me from any location that doesn’t glorify you.