Visions of God ~ Pst Belemina Obunge
Topic: Visions of God
Text: Ezekiel 1:1
Minister: Pst Belemina Obunge
Many people miss out and not see what God wants them to see, and Ezekiel was speaking, “The heavens were open and I saw visions of God”. May the heavens be open that you will connect to the visions of God in Jesus name.
When you begin to see, you will be able to walk in line with what you see; but when you don’t see, you will walk blindly because you are not seeing.
What is Vision?
A vision can be a revelation or message from God. Numbers 12:6. So when God wants to reveal a message, He gives it through a vision.
A vision could be a reflection of what God wants to manifest. Acts 16:9-10. God gives you a vision, so that you will walk in the direction that He wants you to walk.
A vision could be a record of the Mindset of God. When God has a mindset, he has an opinion, he brings it forth through a vision. Hab. 2:2-3 “Write the vision” – Record the vision. A vision is recording the mindset of God.
A vision is a way to realize the mighty nautre of God. When God wants you to understand his might and glory, it is through a vision. Daniel 7:13-14 “I saw in a night vision, I saw one as the Ancient of days mainfesting in glory”; (Isaiah 6:1-5). So, people don’t understand the might of God because they have no vision. When you have a vision of God, you connect with His might.
When we begin to connect to God, we are changed to the same image of God (2 Cor. 3:18). This means that when we are changed, we begin to manifest His glory.
So we ask ourselves, what does it mean to behold God’s glory and manifest? Ezekiel 1:8-
- The face of a Lion: The word of God tells us that God is the lion of the Tribe of Judah. (Rev. 5:5). A lion is known for boldness, a lion is known for leadership, a lion is known to roar. When the lion roars, he maintains his territory. (Jer. 50:24, Hosea 11:10, Proverbs 28:1). As children of God, we go forth manifesting the face of a lion, and this with boldness we roar in the spirit.
- The face of an Ox: An Ox is known for service, an Ox is known for strength, an Ox is a burden bearer. The word of God makes it clear that the Lord supplies all our needs. The Lord is our provider, He meets us a the point of our needs. Matt. 20:28 “The son of man did not come to be served but to serve”. The word of God tells us in Psalm 24:8 “The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. … Who is this glorious king? He is our LORD, a strong and mighty warrior”. The role of man is to serve. 1 Peter 4:10 (NIV). As we behold the visions of God, we have the responsibility to serve.
- The face of an Eagle: One thing that is clear about the eagles is that they are high flyers. Psalm 113:4-7 “The Lord is high above all nations, his glory above the heavens. Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high”. The word of God says you should mount on wings like eagles. As man connects with the face of an Eagle, Ephesians 2:6 becomes his reality. So, realize that you are not down, you are up.
- The face of man: When God came forth beholding the face of man, he came in the form of Jesus; and as he came in the form of Jesus, the word of God tells us that God came with one unique thing – Love. Jesus came forth and Manifested Love. (Ephesians 2:4-5). What God expects beloved brethren, is that you and I will show forth his love. 1 John 4:13.
As I round up, I ask myself a simple question; if today was the day of judgement, will the Lord say to you and I, weldone, you have shown forth my love? Are you going forth manifesting the face of the lion, the face of the Ox, rendering service to God; the face of the eagle, a high flyer in all you do; and the face of man, showing the love of God?
- My father, my father, as I behold your glory, by your grace and mercy may I live a life that glorifies you.
- Oh Lord, I receive boldness, I reject every yoke of Timidity
- Oh Lord, I receive strength to render service to your glory.