Understanding the Seven(7) dimensions of Praise ~ Pst. Segun Esho
TOPIC: Understanding the Seven(7) dimensions of Praise
TEXT: Psalms 103:1-2
SPEAKER: Pst Segun Esho
Psalms 103:1-2 (KJV)
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His Holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
Praise connotes Seven different meaning.
Understanding has to do with wisdom (principal thing) and knowledge.
The reason why you are still forced to pray and praise is due to lack of understanding.
THREE DIMENSIONS OF AWARENESS (Proverbs 24:3)
Knowledge is just mere information, getting mere information. It is Knowing what to do.
Wisdom is the practical application of knowledge. It is Doing what you have known.
Understanding is the greater dimension. It is Knowing why you are doing what you are doing.
SEVEN DIMENSIONS OF PRAISE
1. Yadah: it is an Hebrew word that means to lift up your hands, to surrender saying Lord this is me, Lord I surrender. Psalm 63:4, Psalm 107:15
2. Tehillah: it means to sing structured song , Ephesians 5:19, Acts 16:25-26.
The beauty about praise is that God intervene by himself Psalm 34:1
3. Towdah: it’s called the sacrifice of praise, things may not look good but you are still praising God. Habakkuk 3:17-18, Hebrews 13:15, Romans 8:18.
4. Barak: it means to bow down, to kneel down . Physical obedience has an impact to your spiritual reward. Psalms 95:6
5. Halal: it means to make a loud noise, to do a wild worship. 2 Samuel 6:14-16
6. Zamar: it means playing of instruments.2 Samuel 6:5. It brings the spirit of the Lord.
7. Shaback: it means to shout! Joshua 6:20
You cannot bless the Lord with your heart far from him, no matter how you praise if your heart is far from God your praise means nothing.
Give the LORD praise, thank Him, don’t ask for anything, just thank Him.
PRAYER OF SALVATION
My Father and my God I thank you, thank you for this moment, Lord accept me, and I ask oh God even as I come to you today, as I am confessing you as my Lord and Savior, Lord please give me a new beginning and let my name be written in the book of life. Thank you Father in Jesus precious name I pray. Amen!
Praise and thank God, practically carry out the seven dimensions of praise.
Leave a Reply