Thy Kingdom Come ~ Pastor Belemina Obunge
Topic: Thy Kingdom Come
Text: Matt. 6:9-13
Preacher: Pastor Belemina Obunge
When we talk about kingdom, we talk about a territory that is ruled by a king. And notable in the scriptures, on so many instances, the bible talks about the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven. So, when the Kingdom of God is made manifest, God’s will prevail over every contrary will.
The Bible didn’t just say Thy Kingdom come, but when John was speaking in Matt. 3:1-2, he says the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matt. 10:7 “And as ye go, preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand”. The Kingdom of God is not just coming, it is a hand: it’s in the Now, it is present.
The Kingdom of God also goes beyond being at hand, Luke 17:20-21 “And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, the kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you”. The Kingdom of God within you. A kingdom talks about a domain where a king reigns. So, the kingdom of God within you, talks about the Lord reigning within you.
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF A KINGDOM?
1. EVERY KINGDOM HAS A COMMANDER – THE KING: The kingdom also reflects the attributes of the king. If a king is corrupt, the kingdom is corrupt. If a king is righteous, the kingdom is righteous. The kingdom of God in you shows who rules your life. If your life is righteous life, it means that the king of righteousness is dwelling in you; but if your life shows compromise, we can wonder who is ruling over you.
For us as Christians, the commander of our life is called Jehovah El-loha, He is called Yaweh Jireh, He is called Yaweh Nisi, He is called Jehovah Mekaddishkem, He is called Yaweh Tsidkenu. The commander himself must take charge of our lives. The commander has given us authority. Luke 10:19, Matt. 18:16, Rev. 5:10
2. EVERY KINGDOM HAS A DOMAIN: It is important for you to know the domain you have been given authority. Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein”.
3. EVERY KINGDOM HAS A CONSTITUTION: The constitution for us, is the word of God. Col. 3:16, Joshua 1:8. When you allow yourself to be led by the word of God, your ways will be right at all times.
4. EVERY KINGDOM SHOWCASES A CULTURE: For us as children of God, we have a culture. Our culture should be seen in the way we speak, in our dressing, in our lifestyle, etc. Romans 14:17. 1 Peter 2:9
5. EVERY KINGDOM HAS CITIZENS: As many that connect with the Most-High God, are citizens of Heaven. Philippians 3:20 “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,” (NIV).
- My Father, my Father, I want to be part of your heavenly Kingdom. Uproot from my life, whatever will disqualify me from been a citizen of heaven.
- My father, my father, I separate myself from every contrary plan of the enemy and i align with your kingdom.