The wonders of His blessings ~ Pst. Segun Esho
Topic: The wonders of His blessings
Text: Proverbs 10:22, Genesis 1:28
Preacher: Pastor Segun Esho
The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
There is a notable thing about the blessing, which is the fact that when you are blessed it shows, when you are blessed you don’t need to talk about it. It is just like somebody that has been looking for the fruit of the womb, and all of a sudden you begin to notice a change in her body; in another 3 to 5 months nobody will need to tell you that God has visited this person. That what the blessing looks like. Also, someone that has been going about on foot for a long time and all of a sudden he buys a car, you wouldn’t need anybody to tell you he has been blessed.
From the beginning, according to Genesis 1:28 God blessed man. The blessing of God is so important that we cannot do without it. It was after God blessed man that man began to enter different dimensions of fruitfulness, multiplication, etc. It is worthy of note, that we cannot leave without the blessings of the Lord. Naturally, when we talk about blessing, the first thing that comes to our mind is finance but the blessings of the Lord maketh rich, in other words, the blessing is not all about money. Even you being alive is a blessing. Scriptures says he daily loaded us with benefits.
Dimensions of the Blessings
Deut. 28:1-14 “Deuteronomy 28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 28:2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 28:3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. 28:4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 28:5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 28:6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. 28:7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. 28:8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 28:9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. 28:10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee. 28:11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee. 28:12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them: 28:14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them”. What are the blessings?
1. Locational blessing: The first blessing we will look at is locational blessing. In other words, anywhere you are; whether in the city or in the village the blessings of God can make you rich. Most person’s think is by their location, but the truth is that when it comes to God, Location doesn’t matter. Genesis 26:1-14, we see how God blessed Isaac irrespective of his location. Verse 14 of this chapter says “that Isaac was so blessed that the Philistines envied him“.
2. Physical blessing: Deut. 28:4 “Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep”. Here talks about physical blessing, there are two dimension of blessing here. Isaiah 53:5 “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”, 1 Peter 2:24 “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”. That you are alive today is a blessing, especially in this age of the pandemic; anytime you sleep and wake up and are able to do what you ought to do, never forget that it is the blessing of the Lord. 3 John 1:2 “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth”.
3. Generational blessing: a typical example here is Abraham. Proverbs 4:17 “The path of the just is like a shining light, that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day”. Abraham was so blessed in gold and cattle, but in all his blessing Isaac was greater [Gen. 26:12], and you get to Genesis 30, it was recorded that Jacob was exceedingly great. How about Joseph, he became a prime minister in a foreign land. Generational blessings; the bible says “a good man leaveth an inheritance for his Children’s children”. You will not die poor in the name of Jesus.
4. Production blessing: God said he will bless your basket and your store; that he will bless the works of your hand. Isaac sowed in the land and in the same year he reaped a hundred fold.
5. Transitional blessing: Deut. 28:6 “Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out”. This talks about transitional blessing. When you are walking, you are blessed. This year every of your journey shall be successful in Jesus name.
6. Victorious blessings: Deut. 28:7 “The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways”. There will surely be victory in all your endeavours. This portion of the scriptures didn’t say the enemies won’t come, but that they will be defeated when they rise against you.
7. Spiritual blessings: Deut. 28:9 “The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways”. This verse gives us the posture to take to stay connected to God and his blessings. The blessing is not only in finance; it covers all areas as listed above.
How to position yourself for this blessing
How can you get God’s attention and access these blessings?
i. You must love God with all your heart. Matt. 22:37. You must have a relationship with him, it has to show in your bible study and prayer.
ii. Honor your spiritual and biological parents
iii. Be a blessing to others
iv. You must make a choice to sacrifice. Deut. 3:19
The greatest decision you can make to connect to this blessing is to sacrifice yourself. Romans 12:1-2.
If you are yet to give your life to Christ, God is able to save you and deliver you from all forms of destruction. Say Lord Jesus, come into my life, be the bishop of my soul, thank you for saving me in Jesus name.
- Say Lord bless me indeed in Jesus name.