The Wilderness days are over ~ Pst Otonye Davies
Topic: THE WILDERNESS DAYS ARE OVER
Text: Isaiah 41:18-20
Speaker: Pst. Otonye Davie
Date: 21st August 2021. 1st Service
Isaiah 41:18-20 (KJV)
18 I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. 19 I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together: 20 That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.
The Lord is saying to somebody, “wilderness days are over”.
How can we describe a wilderness?
Anybody who has gone through a wilderness experience will have a description that suits their experience and people will experience the wilderness in different dimensions, so their stories ought not to be the same, but they all have a story.
It is what you confront that will be your experience and you cannot explain something outside your experience. Your experience determines your expression
A wilderness can be described in certain ways;
- Basically, it’s a place of dryness.
- it’s a place where you are short of where you want to be.
- it’s a place of difficulty, a place of hardness.
- it’s a place where in some sense you are out of favor and reckoning.
An individual can experience a different kind of wilderness, it can be in their finances, emotions, intellect, relationship, health, and even academics.
Common denominators we can see in the wilderness:
- The victim is in a position below the optimal level.
- There are rough times and difficult times.
- It’s a place of trials.
- It’s a place where people who go through it are sad and discouraged.
- I declare that your wilderness has come to an end, for the almighty God is declaring to us that our past is our past and He is set to do a new beginning and in that new beginning, every experience that speaks of wilderness is in the past because you will come into a new realization in the name of Jesus.
- God is saying to us that He is personally designing wells of water to water the places that were dry in our life.
- Every place that was dry in your life that refuse to yield forth, I speak by the authority of the word of God, He is designing wells to water those places in the name of Jesus, the water shall not seize rather it will get to a time of overflowing, it will not seize until it had performed its purposes in your life in the name of Jesus.
- I am sent to say to somebody that favor is approaching you from every side, in the name of Jesus.
- Every mark of wilderness in your life, the Lord is going to erase in the name of Jesus. Everything that represents wilderness in your life, God is lifting them now in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every place in your life that has been desolate is receiving life in the name of Jesus. God is creating a fountain in the place where there was dryness.
Lord, I never believed before but I believe today that you can touch me, you can turn my situation around by your word, father forgives my doubt of the past, and bring me to a place of belief today. Touch me, Lord, help me feel your presence, I surrender to you, touch my situations, you said the wilderness has come to an end, I need an expression, I need evidence of what you are doing, today do what you want to do, help me to testify that my days of wilderness are over, touch me, I submit myself to you, have your way, Lord.
Thank you, Jesus!