By Mummy Soji Oni
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14 The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
15 And the Lord said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
- No Matter the Area we are stagnant; God wants us to go forward.
There are processes we need to engage to move forward.
First of all, what does it mean to go forward?
- To go forward means to advance
- To proceed
- To be promoted
13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
- God has promised to make us the head and not the tail
People can be classified into three categories with respect to going forward:
- People that are stagnant
God does not want us to be stagnant in any area of our life
- Those that are retrogressing
Retrogression is not part of God’s will for us
- Those that are continually advancing
We glorify God when we advance
How can we advance?
- Put God first:
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Let God be at the centre of your decisions
- Be focused:
1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Set goals and device strategies to pursue them and finally pursue hard after them.
- Forget the achievements of the past
- Looking back at your past achievements would make you stagnant.
- Live a life of Faith
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- Always put your faith to action
- Our lives should be full of Faith
- Be Obedient to God’s Word
- God’s word is our fuel to go forward
- Pay the Price
- Every dream we have has a price. Pay the price
- Be Prayerful
- Let the fire on your altar be burning
- Take charge of your territory (Office, family etc.) in prayers.
- As a prayer man, you are a law enforcement agent, the devil does lawless things and we are to put him in check.
- If you’re not prayerful, you’d be a prey.
Furthermore, to go forward;
- Run away from sin
For Example, Joseph – His destiny would have stagnated if he had given himself to fornication.
- Quit Laziness
Learn from the ants
If you don’t regard Excellence in what you do, you can’t go forward
- Watch you company
- Run from anybody who:
- Does not respect authority
- Is a hater of people.
- Is a drunkard
- Love everybody liberally but relate carefully with everybody
- Move with people that have done trice what you want to do once.
- You need God’s help
God’s help is the secret to every victory.
It is the strength for impact.
- Never give up.
- Quitters don’t win and winners don’t quit.
- You need to take some risk to move forward.
- Risk takers are brave
- It’s risky not to take a risk