Go Forward, 4 Ds of Going Forward
By Pst. Steve Folorunso
- Divine agenda
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
- Here the agenda of going was made by God
- Going forward always begin with an Agenda from God.
- God initiates the “going-forward” agenda with Certainty. “…of a surety … Gen. 15:13.
- You going forward is certain.
- Divine Declaration:
1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness. 2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.
- When God wants to do something, he declares it.
- Whenever there is a declaration to go forward, there would be an opposition force
- However, with every declaration, there is an establishing force that far out powers the opposition.
- Divine Enforcement:
2 Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver and jewels of gold. 3 And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants, and in the sight of the people.
36 And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.
- … and the Lord gave the Israelites favour before the Egyptians that they gave them as such that they asked for.
- Divine enforcement is God’s strategy for moving His people forward.
Lessons from how God lead the Israelites out of Egypt:
- He started with giving His people the spoils from Egypt before moving them forward.
- He took them the way of the Red Sea.
- God has a plan on the way he leads you forward
- Because death settles debt, He led them through the Red Sea that has enough depth for the mass burial of their taskmasters.
- God actually wanted them to see that they owed no man anymore.
- Slaves went into the Red Sea, Sons emerged at the otherside.
- Divine Deliverance:
30 Thus the Lord saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore. 31 And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord, and believed the Lord, and his servant Moses.
… and Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the sea shore.
- You shall see the Deliverance of the Lord.
18 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns. 19 And I said unto the angel that talked with me, What be these? And he answered me, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem. 20 And the Lord shewed me four carpenters. 21 Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.
- The main Challenge of going forward is the status quo.
- Any power that holds you down would be left down dead.