THE POWER TO OVERCOME ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: THE POWER TO OVERCOME
Text: 1 John 5:4-5
Speaker: Pst. Belemina Obunge
Date: 27th June, 2021. 1st Service
1 John 5:4-5(KJV)
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Revelation 3:20-21, the word of God is so clear, what so ever is born of God overcometh. The devil tries to overtake you in order to overcome you. Psalm 18:36.
My Father, my Father, help me to overcome, I need your power to overcome, I’m the name of Jesus! Amen
What you should never allow to overtake you:
1. Your enemies, don’t allow your enemies to overtake you in life, you’ve got to always be ahead. Exodus 15:9, the enemy wants to over take to truncate you and afflict you, Matthew 13:25, when you are sleeping, stagnant or slow spiritually (not allowing God to enlarge your steps), the enemy overtakes and bring havoc to you, to divide and destroy the blessings of God upon your life.
My father, my father, I receive grace and strength to go overtake and overcome my enemies in Jesus name amen.
My Father, my Father, by your power, enlarge my steps.
2. Don’t allow your errors to overtake you, you should learn from your errors rather than let them prevail in your lives, Galatians 6:1, 1 John 4:6, we should be open to correction (whether it’s from those lower than us or higher, no matter the status and age).
David in the Bible fell into errors but he gave room to corrections, King Saul also fell into errors but didn’t accept corrections, David was rebuked and not rejected but King Saul was rejected.
Our prayer each day should be for God to open our eyes to the errors we make each day, give us a humble heart so we won’t resist correction (but for those who are correcting, correct with meekness).
My Father, my Father, please open my eyes to the errors I make each day and please give me a humble heart to yield to correction. In the name of Jesus, Amen.
Oh Lord, help me to correct others with the spirit of meekness.
3. Don’t be overtaken by evil, Psalm 40:12, when you are living a life of sin, it’s difficult to pray. Sin is not the only evil, sickness is also an evil, sorrow, shame, stagnancy are all evils.
My Father, my Father, I reject every agenda of evil, I am not a candidate for evil, my family is not candidates of evil.
4. Don’t allow Emptiness to overtake you, 1 Kings 19:4, in the time of Emptines when you are not giving God the opportunity to speak to you, the devil speaks to you. When you begin to allow self pity to dominate you and you’re not giving room to the word of God, the devil will engross your kind and encompass you because you’ve not giving God the opportunity to speak.
You can only be empty if the Holy Spirit has not taken His place in your life. Be filled with the spirit’
5. Don’t allow the end time siege to overtake you, 1 thesselonains 5:4-6, Maranatha means the Lord is coming, let us not sleep but be reminded that the Lord is coming.
My Father, my Father, I want to live a life of an overcomer, help me to be an overcomer, I need your help, in the name of Jesus! Amen
Iron sharpeneth Iron, you may still be subdued by flesh and sin, you’re not living a life of an overcomer and you know it, come to God, ask for His help! Pray this prayer with your hands lifted up as a sign of surrender.
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Lord please help me to be an overcomer, I am sorry in anyway I have offended you, please forgive me, in Jesus name amen!
Almighty God, I come before your presence with sincerity of heart, asking for your mercy, I am very sorry for every act of sin and compromise, please forgive, I rededicate my life to Jesus, have your way in my life, help me to be an overcomer, thank you Jesus, in Jesus name amen!
Father, behold your sons and daughters, their hands are lifted not unto men but unto you I ask oh Lord as those hands are lifted, the grace to be an overcomer let it prevail in their life in the name of Jesus!