The Power of Little Things ~ Pst. Segun Esho
Topic: The Power of Little Things
Text: Isaiah 28:10
Preacher: Pastor Segun Esho
“For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little. Isaiah 28:10”
I will like us to draw our lesson today from the Amazon River. What is the secrete of the Amazon River? Constant routine, Consistent regularity, Continuous repetition. I always say, consistency is more powerful than intensity. Everybody that has been successful, check out their history and you will see a trace of consistency.
Principles of Little things
The power of little things is in the principles. In scriptures, we see three dimensions of God’s word: Promises, Principles and Prophecies. I want to submit to you that the most important or the most powerful is principles. When you know the principles, success becomes predictable.
The principles of little thing are:
1. God is the Big God the loves to start small. “And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.” Luke 1:31
2. God uses little things to achieve great feat. Scriptural Examples – Gideon’s army of 300 defeated 135,000 troops of Midianites. Judges 7-9, Moses and the Rod, Samson & Jaw bone, etc. God uses little things to achieve great things.
3. Out of little often comes the great. The smallest family will become a thousand people, and the tiniest group will become a mighty nation. At the right time, I, the LORD, will make it happen. Isaiah 60:22 (NLT)
4. Little things can make big and significant difference. Dead flies can make a whole bottle of perfume stink, and a little stupidity can cancel out the greatest wisdom. Ecclesiastes 10:1(gnt)
5. Little things make great things possible. “There is a little boy here who has five barley loaves and two small fishes; but this, what is it for so many?” John 6:9 (DBY)
6. Little thigs are the pathway to promotion. “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities”. Luke 16:10 (NLT)
7. Little faith is all that is required to change situations and circumstances. Matthew 17:20
8. That you are starting small doesn’t make or keep you small. “And though you started little, you will end with much” Job 8:7 (NLT)
9. Failure in life is also based on the principle of “Here a Little, there a Little” Prov. 6:10
10. Heaven and Hell will be determined by little, little things. Matt. 13:31-32
The principles of “Here A little, there a Little” is Universal. It can be applied in the following areas: Physical Fitness, Weight loss, savings, budgeting, relationship/Marriage, Reading the Bible, writing a Book, Soul winning, giving, prayer and fasting, etc.
How to Imbibe the Principles of Starting small
- Dream big
- Make a plan
- Take the smallest action possible NOW!
- Focus on a task at a time
- Forget past failures
- Celebrate your success
- Be grateful for the LITTLE. When you are grateful for the little, God will bless you more abundantly
- Oh Lord, every little action I ought to take, that will lead me to my greatness; Lord give me the grace to take it now.
- Oh Lord, when the trumpet shall sound, may little things not hinder me to make it to heaven.