The Limitless Life ~ Pastor Emmanuel Okolo
Topic: The Limitless Life
Text: Isaiah 54:1-3
Preacher: Pastor Emmanuel Okolo
1. Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.
2. Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
3. For thou shall break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
The scripture we read says, “You shall break-forth on the right and on the left”. Man was created limitless, because God is limitless. However, man came under limit because of the disobedience of the first man (Adam).
If you must know what a limitless life is, you must first of all know what LIMIT is. Limit is restrictions and barriers that prevents someone from advancing.
You are destined by God to be limitless. When the first Adam failed, the last Adam which is Jesus, came to restore what the first Adam messed-up. 1 Cor. 15:45 “And so it written, the first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit”. What the first Adam failed to do; Jesus came to do it.
In other words, Jesus opened the door for a limitless life here on earth. He was so limitless, that even the demons were subject to him. Mark 1:22 “And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes”.
What are the reasons for limits?
1. Sin: Sin stop people. Isaiah 59:1-2 “Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: but your iniquities have separated between you and your God.” When we tell you to live holy, it is for your own good. “Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows” When a man is a lover of Righteousness, there is an Anointing he carries that makes him above his fellow.
2. The Mind: It is good for you to know the way you were created. Who is man? Man is a Spirit, he lives in the body and possess’ a soul. Man is primarily a spirit. This means that man makes contact with the spiritual world through his spirit, he makes contact with his intellect and emotions through his soul, and he makes contact with the physical world through his body.
One of the greatest limitations in life is people’s mind. The formation a man has can be traced to his upbringing. Rom. 12:1-2 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God”. A transformed mind gives you access to three dimensions of God’s will – the good, the perfect and acceptable will of God. So, if you mind is not transformed, you won’t even know what the will of God is. Your mind needs to be transformed to know the will of God.
If a man must have a divine lifting, he must have a transformed mind. The success formular is captured in the book of Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success”. It means your mind can be centred on a particular truth, and you will rise from there. A man’s life goes in the direction of his predominant thought. Prov. 23:7a “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:”
3. Satan: John 4:37 – 38 “And herein is that saying true, One soweth and another reapeth. I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.”
Oh Lord, anywhere there is harvest, I enter my harvest in Jesus’ name.
Oh Lord, nobody is permitted to reap where I have sown.
Leave a Reply