THE FAMILY JUBILEE (A FAMILY THAT WILL EXPERIENCE RECOVERY) ~ PST. Belemina Obunge
Topic: THE FAMILY JUBILEE (A FAMILY THAT WILL EXPERIENCE RECOVERY)
Text: Ephesians 3:14-19
Speaker: PST. Belemina Obunge
Date: 20th November 2022
Ephesians 3:14-19 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in Heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man;
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height,
19 and to know the love of Christ, which surpasseth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.
We are all products of a relationship, it may be legitimate or illegitimate but the truth is that we are all products of a relationship, a father and a mother and the devil knows this, he also knows that God is particular about family, he knows that God is particular about raising a set of people that will be His image and go forth being fruitful and multiply, people who will subdue and dominate to fulfil His plan and purpose in generations.
Right from the beginning, the devil has been fighting families, fighting the successful establishment of families, trying to make sure that the joy in homes doesn’t prevail. The truth is we need total recovery in our family. Conflict, divorce, breakdown in relationships, lack of commitment, infidelity, and other family dysfunctions are on the increase.
Let’s have this knowledge that God is particular about the family and the enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy it.
Ephesians 3:14-19, when the Love of God prevails in our heart it’s different, you may have power because His love gives you power, it’s the Power of God that enables us, His love gives us the power to keep the home established.
We are products of a relationship and as long as God has allowed us to come forth, He has a purpose for us. Children are innocent of what their parents have done and as soon as they come into this world, God has a purpose for them, Jeremiah 29:11. God has a purpose that the child grows up in the knowledge of Him and it’s our responsibility to make it happen. In a church, He provides a platform for us to grow in the knowledge of Him and hear his word.
Three things every family should take note of:
- God desires restoration in our homes: Malakai 4:6, God desires restoration and restoration talks about repairing and rebuilding. The prodigal son ran out of his father’s house and at a point in his life, he realized that he needed to come back, the Bible says ” He came to himself “(Luke 15:17). And that is restoration.
For families to experience total recovery and Jubilee we need to look inward and say ” Lord, I need restoration “. Luke 15:17, Psalm 51:12. For families to experience total recovery, we need to give room to restoration, restoration of God’s will and purpose, let self be crucified, so that Christ will live in us.
- God desires revival: Revival is bringing back to life that which is dead or that which is dying, Hosea 13:15. Families need to be revived, they need to get closer to God, if families are rooted in the word of God, obeying God’s word, they will experience jubilee, but when the word of God doesn’t have its place in our homes then there is a challenge, Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Genesis 18:19. Revival helps a family to experience jubilee and recovery. Isaiah 57:15, the Bible makes it clear that God wants to revive the spirit of the humble. I want to encourage us to look inwards, can you say that there is through jubilee?
- God desires reconciliation: The Lord desires renewed affection, towards each other, towards God. Matthew 5:24-25, 2 Corinthians 5:20.
Let’s look into our own families, homes, and households and ask ourselves “Is there any restoration that needs to be sorted out? Do we need revival? Is there any possibility that needs reconciliation?”.
The devil will fight hard to make you feel that it is not important to seek family restoration because his aim is to steal, kill and destroy. Let’s just open our hearts and allow total recovery in our families.
1. My Father, my Father, please be glorified in my life, please be glorified in my home.
2. Oh Lord, whatever does not glorify you in my life, in my home, let it scatter by fire.
3. Let your presence, peace, and power reign in my home.
4. My Father please operate in my life, anything that hinders restoration, recovery, revival, or reconciliation let it be uprooted in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER OF SALVATION:
Almighty God, I come before your presence with a sincere heart asking for your mercy, as from today onwards, I surrender and rededicate my life to Jesus, have your way in my life and be glorified in my life, help me to live a Holy life, I need your help, by your grace and Mercy I shall be a vessel unto honor, thank you father, in Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!