THE FAMILY JUBILEE (A FAMILY THAT WILL EXPERIENCE RECOVERY) Part 2 ~ PST. Belemina Obunge
Topic: THE FAMILY JUBILEE (A FAMILY THAT WILL EXPERIENCE RECOVERY) Part 2
Text: Ephesians 3:14-19
Speaker: PST. Belemina Obunge
Date: 20th November 2022
Ephesians 3:14-19 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in Heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man;
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height,
19 and to know the love of Christ, which surpasseth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.
God is concerned about families, God’s purpose concerning generations is established through families, families that have an understanding of the plan and purpose of God, and families that have determined that they must go further and fulfil God’s desire. What does the enemy do? He fights hard to make sure that it doesn’t come to pass. When the enemy wants to ensure that one leaves a reckless and useless life, he attacks the family.
We are all products of homes and God has a purpose for every child, we come to church which is a platform for us to hear God’s word so that His purpose can be made manifest and not truncated.
God was so proud of Abraham in Genesis 18:19 “For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord to do justice and judgment, that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which He hath spoken of him.”.
The solution to making sure we experience total family recovery is as follows:
- We need to be sincere in our work with God: Genesis 17:1, 1kings 8:6, we should be sincere in our work with God. Romans 13:13, are we sincere with our work with God? or are we encouraging compromise? For families not to be dysfunctional we need to be sincere in our work with God.
- Families and individuals have to seek the ways of God: Many people go into errors following the path their friends want them to take. Psalms 18:30, the ways of God is perfect. For us to deal with this dysfunctionality, we have to seek the ways of God.
- Be sensitive to the word of God: Colossians 3:16, Psalms 119:11, we need to be sensitive to God’s word and train our children.
- Submitting to God’s will: We must submit to the will of God, Matthew 7:21. The more of self that is crucified, the more of God’s will that we yield to.
1. My Father, my Father, please be magnified in my life, whatever does not glorify you let it be uprooted in the name of Jesus.
2. Oh Lord, I surrender to your will, your ways and your word.
PRAYER OF SALVATION:
All mighty God, I come before your presence with a sincere heart asking for your mercy, I’m very sorry for every act of sin and compromise, please forgive me, as from today I surrender and rededicate my life unto you, clear the mess from my life, help me to live a holy life, I need your help, Jesus please be my personal Lord and savior, I forsake every stronghold of sin and I surrender to a life of righteousness, my family shall not be dysfunctional, my life shall not be dysfunctional by your grace and mercy, thank you, Jesus, for giving me this opportunity in Jesus name, Amen.