The Authority of the Believer ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: The Authority of the Believer
Text: Psalm 110:1-3
Preacher: Pastor Belemina Obunge
Every Born-again child has been given delegated authority. The moment we accept Jesus, he gives us a form of delegated Authority, and the authority places a demand upon our lives. The authority gives us some worth of responsibility and privileges. So, wherever you are posted as a Believer, you have a mandate and a responsibility to carry out there.
Things to know about the Believer’s Authority
1. A Realization of your position: An ignorant Christian will live a life of torment instead of a life of triumph. So many people are living a life of spiritual, financial, marital, intellectual torment, because they don’t seem to realize who they are in Christ. 2 Peter 1:3 “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue”. So when you have the knowledge of God, you’d have an understanding of your position in God and the things he has given you.
What is our position?
Ephesians 1:19-21 reveals Christ position to us. The position of Jesus is far above all principality and power. So, if Jesus is far above, that our position is far above with Christ. Ephesians 2:6 “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”
So, when the enemies come for you, they would need to go far above before they can locate you. That means the enemy can’t come to your reach, except you have lost your position. When you are operating in Power, you know your position; which is far above. When you don’t know your position, the enemy will take advantage of you. We must realize that the key to elevation in life is realization of your entitlement and realization of your position.
2. There must be a revelation of the power you should manifest: Ephesians 1:18-19. Without understanding, you can never be outstanding in life. And that is why we hear the word of God, because it is an agent that will cause you to be outstanding.
Matt. 28 tells us to go forth and manifest the power of God in every sphere. Whether you are a lecturer, a student, a politician, or a businessman, have a realization that you must manifest power in your sphere. Isaiah 8:18 “Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion”. There is a power at work in the life of a believer. Power to prosper, power to heal, deliver, etc. Deut. 8:18 “But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth”
3. You are expected to take Authority with a purpose in mind Matt. 24:45. You take authority wherever you are, but you must know that you are not there for the sake of being there. We take authority with the purpose of been a solution provider; we must provide solution in the area of sin, healing, deliverance, etc. Psalm 110:3 “Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power”
4. You must realize that as a Believer, you are a recipient of the promises of God. 2 Peter 1:4
5. You have to reign with purity. Romans 6:12-13
- My Father, my Father, I reject every satanic manipulation, I reject every orchestration of the flesh in Jesus’ name.
- I declare by your grace and mercy that I shall live a victorious life.
- Oh Lord help me to live a life that glorifies you.