Strong Tower ~ Bro. Philemon Okeke
Topic: STRONG TOWER
Text: Proverbs 18:10
Preacher: Bro. Philemon Okeke
2 Thessalonians 3:16 [KJV]
16. Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
Proverbs 18:10 [KJV]
10. The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it and is safe.
The objective of this sermon is the help us utilize the mystery in the name of Jesus. Our text of reference suggests to us that the name of Jesus is not just a nomenclature, it is a location or a place of safety. Whenever you call the name Jesus, it either relocates you to the strong tower or brings the strong tower to cover you. So, when you call the name, call it with understanding.
There are 3 kinds of tower, watch tower, control tower, twin tower. The difference between all these towers compared to the Strong tower is the word “strong”. Other towers are inferior in strength but the strong tower is all encompassing in strength. You can’t call the name Jesus and corona infects you; because the tower comes down to shield you or takes you out of the sphere where corona can affect you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE TOWER?
1. Surveillance and visibility: One basic function of the tower is for you to see far and get signals. That means anytime you call the name Jesus, your eyes should be open to see. 2 kings 9:17 “And there stood a watchman on the tower in Jezreel, and he spied the company of Jehu as he came, and said, I see a company. And Joram said, take an horseman, and send to meet them, and let him say, Is it peace?”. As long as you are in the tower, you must see what people don’t see. Call the name with an expectation for a revelation. To see far means to see the future, it means to see beyond the physical. 2 kings 7:1 “Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; thus saith the LORD, to morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.” Elisha could see the future because he functioned in sphere of the tower.
2. It is a place of control: The tower is a place where things are controlled and command is given. The age of the man does not matter, what matters is the influence in the realm of its operation. When you are in the strong tower you control the heaven and the earth. Phil. 2:10 “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth”. In the tower, you receive signals and give commands. Philippians 2 shows that the name of Jesus controls all things, anytime and anywhere.
HOW CAN I HAVE ACCESS TO THE NAME?
1. Run: Amos 6:1 [WOE to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!] The name works for people that have a sense of urgency. Don’t waste time to call upon the name Psalms 31:1-2 (msg). run means don’t have an alternative source, be very quick to call the name of Jesus.
2. You must be righteous: 2 Tim. 2:19 “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity”. The strong tower will not show up for those with iniquity, it is designed to only respond to the righteous. The account of the seven sons of Sceva gives an illustration of this fact Acts. 19:13-16. Hence, you need to live in righteousness so you can enjoy the experience in the name of Jesus [the strong Tower].
The emphasis of the message today is for us to go in the strength of what we have heard and live by it. We ought to be strong in the Lord and in his ways also. It is a time to move closer and closer to Jesus.
- Lord, we ask that your mighty hand will be upon our lives, you will keep us by yourself. We have heard that the name of the Lord is a strong Tower, therefore we are safe in you in Jesus name.
- Lord, after this whole pandemic is over, we will look back and say no single one is missing in the name of Jesus. Grant us your peace in Jesus.