Requirements for Revival ~ Bro. Oyawoye Adeoye
Topic: Requirements for Revival
Text: 2 Chronicles 7:14
Preacher: Bro. Oyawoye Adeoye
WHAT IS REVIVAL?
Revival can be said to be an improvement in the situation or condition of a person, of something, of a place or group of people.
Revival is a change of status. Revival is the injection of energy into a certain situation. Revival means, to energize a particular state of something.
Revival is the reawakening of the state of mind of a person. Revival is required when the situation of something has gone from what it used to be to a state of comatose.
Revival involves the resurfacing of the love for God, the passion for Christ, the zeal for the house of God. Revival is the appreciation of God’s holiness and purity.
*Revival is when people chase after righteousness. Revival can be corporate or personal.
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
WHEN DO WE NEED REVIVAL?
Revival is needed when there is stagnation. Revival is needed when there is lukewarmness
Revival is needed when there is little or no desire to pray
Revival is needed when studying and meditating o God’s word becomes laborious
Revival is needed when compromise becomes acceptable
Revival is needed when the word of God cannot move us any longer
Revival is needed when preaching lacks conviction
3 THINGS WE NEED FOR REVIVAL
- A Brokenness of Heart: Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable—who can understand it? … The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt” Brokenness of heart is self-realization of one’s low self-esteem. By default, the human nature is wicked.
- Brokenness of heart is to realize what constitute sin in your life. Psalm 51:10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence”
- Brokenness of heart is accepting the Lordship of Christ.
- Brokenness of heart is awareness of your inadequacies. Isaiah 6:10
- A Heart and Environment of Worship: Worship is a desire to know God. An atmosphere of worship brings God’s presence. And where there is God’s presence, there is miracle.
- The power of the Holy spirit: Acts 10:38 “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Without the Holy spirit, there is no revival.
Father, everything that is dead in my life, please restore.
My father, my father, whatever that is in me, that will not birth revival, please take it away.