Recovery by the Word ~ Pst. Paul Ariawhe
Topic: RECOVERY BY THE WORD
Text: Psalms 107:20
Speaker: Pst. Paul Ariawhe
Date: 6th November 2022
Psalms 107:20 (KJV)
20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Our objective is to understand the recovery power of the word of God, it is very important to note that the word of God is an important tool for the restoration of life and destiny, it is clear through scriptures that nothing is too lost or far gone to be recovered in God or His word.
Scriptural examples of recovery by the word:
- The Earth: The Earth was recovered and restored to its original state by the word of God. Genesis 1:1-2, in the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth but in verse 2 the earth was without form and void, theologians had said that what God creates is good, so if in verse 1 God created the Heavens and the Earth then He wouldn’t have created Earth without form and void because God is good and He’s intentions are good, so theologians said between verse 1 and 2 something happened which made the earth became without form and void for the spirit of God to roam and we can find that out in Jeremiah 4:23-26, and there you can find that the Earth in Genesis 1:1 was proper and in Genesis 2 was a display of God’s anger but by He’s word it was restored to what it was and the Bible said: “the spirit of God roamed…”.
- Naaman the Syrian: He had his leprous skin restored by the release of the word of God. 2 Kings 5:14. Whatever has been corrupted can be corrected by the word of God.
- The valley of the dry bones: Ezekiel 37:7-10, the dry bones got recovered and restored to life by the word of God. The word can take your life from one extreme of adversity to another extreme of authority. It can take your life from one extreme of frustration to another extreme of celebration.
- Lazarus: John 11:43, the word of God pulled him out from the grave.
- The lost coin: God restored it by the engagement of light which is the word of God, Luke 15:8-9, Psalm 119:105, Isiah 9:8.
- The finished wine in the Wedding of cana of Galilee: John 2:5, the finished wine got restored by the release of the word of God.
How does the word produce recovery?
- The word of God contains raw materials for recreation and restoration of whatever was lost or destroyed, Hebrews 11:3, the word has the potential of recreating or restoring.
- The word of God carries the magnetic force to pull what is lost or missing in your direction, Luke 5:4-6.
- The word is light whose assignment is to locate what cannot be found or what is missing in the dark.
How do you engage the word of God for your restoration or recovery?
- Seek the master, Luke 18:38.
- Go for light in the word and employ the light to locate what is missing.
- Embark on the word mission, soak yourself in the word.
- Boldly declare the revealed and received word of God constantly and consistently.