Recovering what has been Restored ~ Bro Austin Kanayochukwu
Topic: RECOVERING WHAT HAS BEEN RESTORED
Text: 1 Samuel 30:8
Speaker: Bro Austin Kanayochukwu
Date: 27th November 2022
1 Samuel 30:8 (KJV)
8 And David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue after this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for thou shalt surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”
Recovery and restoration are transactional activity that occurs between a man and his maker, to restore is the responsibility of God, and we enjoy the privileges of recovery. God is the God that restores and we recover from Him, you can see that, from God’s point of view, that transaction is Him giving to man but from man’s point of view, the transaction is man receiving from God.
Hence, Restoration and Recovery are the same but with two different viewpoints. When we talk about restoration, we are talking about something that you once had that has been lost.
What has been restored unto us that we need to recover?
- Time: Joel 2:25-26, God created time but He’s not bound by time, He is capable of restoring unto you in hundred folds that which you feel you have lost because of time. Ecclesiastes 9, Isaiah 60:22, when it is time, it doesn’t matter how far you are, it doesn’t matter how backward you are, God will restore you. And the most important part is that when God restores you, He does not restore you to the status quo or the position you think you ought to be rather he restores you ahead. A man whom God has restored time unto is a man who walks at God’s pace.
How do we recover this time that God has restored unto us?
You must tarry in the place of prayer, Job 42:10. It is impossible for a man that tarries in the place of prayer to remain backward. You cannot overcome a man that tarries in the place of prayer.
- Dominion: Because of the fall that man (Adam) experienced, man lost dominion, the word dominion here indicates the right and the responsibility of man to exercise authority over the elements of the world, Genesis 1:28, Man had dominion, rights that were given to him by God, unfortunately, man lost dominion to the devil. Before the fall of man, he had mastery and knowledge over everything, he knew how to manipulate the elements of the Earth, and the moment man lost dominion, he lost mastery. Genesis 3:15, but there is good news called RESTORATION, John 16:33.
How do we recover dominion?
We recover dominion through the word of God and it has been confirmed by God in Job 22:28, meaning whatever you say shall come to pass, that’s an exercise of dominion. All you need to do is decree a thing, speak over your situation, speak over your challenges and problems and it shall be established. The word of God is so powerful, now you should realize that it is very important for you to be armed with the word of God. You exercise dominion when you show the devil that you are armed with the word of God, Psalms 20, Psalms 91:7.
- Intimate relationship with God: God is restoring man to Himself. Because of the sin of disobedience, Adam left the presence of God, Psalms 51:12, 2, Corinthians 5:7.
You can recover time and dominion, but it is important that you know that you need to also recover your intimacy with God, your relationship with God, Hosea 6:1. The same God that cast man away from His presence is calling you forth now to come.
- Every challenge that has been dominating us, in the name of Jesus, we shall dominate and overcome every problem and challenge that comes our way.
- My father, my father, in any way I have given the devil room over my life please cancel it in the name of Jesus.