Press On ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
TOPIC: PRESS ON
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 30:1-9
SPEAKER: PST. BELEMINA OBUNGE
DATE: 27TH AUGUST 2023 | 1ST SERVICE
1 SAMUEL 30:1-9(KJV)
1 And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;
2 And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way.
3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.
4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
5 And David’s two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.
6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.
7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech’s son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.
8 And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.
9 So David went, he and the six hundred men that were with him, and came to the brook Besor, where those that were left behind stayed.
Without a pressing on there shall be no recovery or restoration. So many people are held captives and instead of pressing on, they are complaining!
There are various forms of captivity
- Abuses: Some people are held in captivity and have become victims of all manner of abuse e.g. verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse.
- Addiction: For example gambling, people have become victims of gambling which takes away lots of their money. Some are addicted to smoking, pornography, the Internet, food, video games etc. When one is in captivity they don’t do what they want, they do what the enemy wants. Romans 7:22-25.
- Affliction: Example physical affliction (sickness), emotional affliction (depression), social affliction (discrimination, loneliness, bullying), economic affliction (unemployment, debt, poverty), spiritual affliction (demonic attacks).
How to break free from captivity
- Fervency is a desire for restoration: when one is fervent there is a passion and they are ready to press on despite the obstacle in life. For everyone who wants to experience victory in life, fervency is the key. Romans 12:11, the moment you choose not to be FERVENT you lose purpose in life. 1 Timothy 6:12.
- Forceful in the determination: You must be forceful in your determination, Matthew 11:12. Forceful determination is a wind that propels you towards your goal against the strategies of the adversary, it is a wind that keeps you going. When there is forceful determination, setbacks become a setup for a comeback, it is a weapon we use to make sure we get our restoration.
- Firm in declaration: You must be firm in your declaration.
- Focused on your decision
- Forward in direction
- My Father! My Father! Every stronghold trying to cause me to go back, by your power, let them be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
- My Father! My Father! By your grace and mercy, my household shall not go back in the name of Jesus!
- My Father! My Father! By your grace and mercy, RCCG Jesus’ house will go forward in the name of Jesus!
- My Father! My Father! Every agent of affliction, every manifestation of Abuses, every yoke of addiction let them be destroyed in the name of Jesus!
- Oh, Lord! I desire to go forward, by your power decree I am going forward (mention the name of the area you want to go forward).
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Almighty God I come before your presence with a sincere heart asking for your mercy, Please forgive me for every act of sin and compromise as from today I surrender my life, I re-dedicate my life unto you, have your way and strengthen me to live a life that glorifies you, I need your help, thank you, Jesus for giving me this opportunity, the yoke is broken, the snare is destroyed, I have escaped in Jesus name I decree.