Pleasant Surprises ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: PLEASANT SURPRISES
Text: 1 Samuel 3:11
Speaker: Pst. Belemina Obunge
Date: 3rd September 2022. 1st Service
1 Samuel 3:11 (KJV)
11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.
What Invokes pleasant surprises?
- When you appreciate the works of God in your life: What a man soweth, that he shall rip, so when you appreciate God, God will appreciate you. To appreciate means to value and acknowledge God and His works. Those that don’t appreciate will depreciate in life. In life it’s either you are appreciating, depreciating, or stagnant. And if anything is stagnant one thing is sure, it is depreciating. You will depreciate if you don’t know how to appreciate God’s words in your life. Luke 17:15-19, pleasant surprises work when we appreciate the works of God in our lives.
- When you acknowledge and appropriate his words: When you recognize the validity of God’s words in your life when you personalize God’s word, you experience pleasant surprises in your life. When you acknowledge and appropriate God’s word over your life, it gives you an edge over others.
God will not just surprise you, but He will use you as a blessing to others in Jesus’ name.
- Accept His will: Accepting God’s will qualifies you for God’s promise, you may not understand His will, but yield to it, Matthew 6:10, Isaiah 1:19, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 5:18.
- Philippians 2:13, My father, my father, please work in me so that I will do your will, I need your help.
- Oh Lord, I believe in your word, help me to appropriate your word in my life, help me to yield to your word.
- My father, my father, in any way I’ve not been obedient, I am sorry please have mercy upon me.
In Jesus’ awesome name, amen!
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Almighty God, I come before your presence with a sincere heart asking for your mercy, I am very sorry for every act of disobedience please forgive me, Jesus come into my life, be my personal love and savior, help me to live a holy life, I need your help, I forsake my formal ways, thank you Jesus for giving me the opportunity by your grace and mercy I will not disappoint you In Jesus name I pray, Amen!
Leave a Reply