Manifesting God’s glory through speaking his love language ~ Pst. Otonye Davies
TOPIC: MANIFESTING GOD’S GLORY THROUGH SPEAKING HIS LOVE LANGUAGE
TEXT: JOHN 14:15 & 21
SPEAKER: PST. OTONYE DAVIES
DATE: 30TH JULY 2023 | 1ST SERVICE
John 14:15 & 21 (AMP)
15 “If you [really] love Me, you will keep and obey My commandments.
21 The person who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him [I will make Myself real to him].”
Many times, when people speak about love language they are talking about the desire that others will do towards them, those expectations, those standards they have set for others to meet, it’s not about what they want to do.
God’s Love Language
We found out that many times, people are always willing to set standards for others but it’s difficult for them to set standards for themself, what they expect from others is way higher than what they expect of themselves.
A true definition of LOVE LANGUAGE from a credible source says,
It is the way that a person prefers first to express love to others before receiving it from others.
So the true test of a love language is to ask the question “the person making this definition, do they live in the same way?” So every time your definition of your love language does not equal the way you do unto others, that is a self-serving and selfish definition.
God’s love language is not what He expects of us alone, but is intended to make our lives better.
Why should we speak about love language?
- Ephesians 5:22-33, This scripture specifically captures the fact that Jesus is the bride groom and the relationship between Jesus Christ and the Church is compared to a union between the husband and the wife.
- Mark 2:19, 2 Corinthians 11:12, The foundation of Christianity is love, Christianity is a love relationship between a God that loves and His children that He has saved. 1 John 4:9-10, Christianity is about love.
Love language is not a weapon to gratify ourselves, it is a call to responsibility.
Ways we can speak God’s love language
- Obedience to His word: when God came in flesh as Jesus, He did the same, He obeyed His parents, He obeyed every diction and requirement, tradition and rule, He submitted Himself even to baptism He obeyed everything that needed to be obeyed, so He that obeyed all things, if you love Him, you will obey His word, John 14:15, 1 Samuel 15:22.
- Holiness: 1 Peter 1:15-16
- Have Faith in Him: Hebrews 1:6, you cannot satisfy God without having faith in Him.
- Honour Him: Malachi 1:6, you can’t love God if you despise Him, when God came in flesh, He honoured His parents. For you to demonstrate the love of God you will honour Him.
- Gratitude: Hebrews 13:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- True worship: John 4:23, there is no true worship of God without purity of hearts and thoughts.
- Acts of service to the brethren: Romans 12:10, Jesus showed this example in His earthly ministry, He washed the feet of His disciples, and He cared for them. Ephesians 2:4, you cannot be speaking God’s love language if you don’t love your brethren, you cannot be loving God and hate His children.
- Soul Winning: John 15:16, Mark 16:15