Lord enlarge my mouth ~ Pst. Adesoji Oni
Topic: Lord enlarge my mouth
Text: 1 Samuel 2:1
Speaker: Pastor Adesoji Oni
1 Samuel 2:1
And Hannah prayed, and said, my heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoiced in thy salvation.
God has designed our mouths to speak, to praise Him, to put on smiling faces and sometimes, you agree with me that it’s not every time that it’s easy to do all these things with the things happening around us.
Today I pray for you that the LORD will enlarge your mouth in the name of Jesus! Amen.
If you look at 1 Samuel, this is the story that we are all familiar with, Hannah the mother of Prophet Samuel, she was a weeping waiting mother, the first wife in her family but eventually her womb was shut and then the husband had a second wife called Peninnah and Peninnah had children.
Now, every year they go to worship God in a place called Shiloh, when they go every year Elkanah their husband will give an offering of sacrifice to give Hannah, Peninnah and their children one after the other to offer unto God, but Hannah had no children.
She will always cry to God and trust God for children before the next Shiloh, so her children will also have their own portion of the sacrifice to offer but it wasn’t forth coming rather, it was prolonging over time.
And the Bible says, because of this, her adversary will raise her mouth against her (mockery by Peninnah). As that was going on, she will always come back from Shiloh with mix feelings rejoicing that she was in the presence of God but at the same time still have the same prayer point not answered.
1 Samuel 1:12-19, she made up her mind at that particular year in Shiloh that she will not go back the same way she came and so her prayer changed.
When you are challenged a lot of things will happen.
In the waiting room of God things will be tough, it might not be easy but the end of it is great. Hannah was in her waiting room. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5b), your morning time is that season when your mouth is enlarged and you have a different song to sing.
HOW DID HANAH GET TO THE POINT WHERE ARE MOUTH WAS ENLARGED?
- Hannah was a woman who never gave up: Never give up! Today many easily give up. God’s plans are different from ours, Hannah was thinking of a child but God was thinking of a faithful woman who would carry a Prophet for Him.
God was working according to His own program; God was marking her till the right time because she never gave up.
- Hannah re-strategized in her prayer point (her prayer changed): I Samuel 1:11, she changed her prayer from asking for a child to assuring God that she will give her child back to him if He gives her one. Her prayer was in line with Gods plan. God needed a prophet, she offered a child for the position.
- She was very steadfast and consistence: 1 Corinthians 15:58, never think that your expectations or prayers will be in vain. Galatians 6:9, if you faint not you shall reap in due season.
- Hannah was not a woman giving to offence: All the time she has been mocked by Peninnah, she never got offended rather she was turning back to God.
When people offend you, don’t pick offences, turn back to God and let him vindicate you. 1 Samuel 1:6-8.
- She trusted in God: Psalm 125:1, if your trust is in the LORD, no matter what you go through, you shall stand any test of time.
Zachariah 4:6, Joshua 1, if you stand tall and trust God, God will always at the end of it make you know that it is worthwhile waiting upon His name.
When God is behind your miracle no one can stand against it.
I don’t know what your waiting may be, it might be in the area of your job, it might be in your working place, it might be in your business, but I have a good news for you today, just be steadfast, remain focused, know what you want and God will take you to that point.
Everyone has a trying season whether you like it or not, you are working on the destination, but God is working on you, before you get to your destination.
There are certain places you can never be unless you pass through certain things in life.
- Heavenly father, help me today, enlarge my mouth, over the mouth of my enemies, those who have thought it will not be possible for me, LORD enlarge my mouth, give me mouth to talk before them in Jesus name, Amen!
- Heavenly father, today, justify me and vindicate me in every area of my life in the name of Jesus, Amen!
LORD we thank you today and I want to praise your name for the life of every one of us, LORD our prayer today, is that you enlarge our mouth, give us power to speak before our adversaries.
For all those who has been seeing impossibilities in our life, let them see something new, let them see your glory, let them see your mighty hand, In the name of Jesus, Amen.
Everyone who has been labelled negative names by the reason of their adversities, I reverse those name in the name of Jesus!
I cause your joy to begin to manifest right now, may God open supernatural doors for you, thank you heavenly father, in Jesus mighty name we pray. Amen!
Leave a Reply