Light ~ Pst. Belemina Ogbunge
Text: Genesis 1:1-3
Speaker: Pst. Belemina Ogbunge
Date: 23rd October 2022, 2nd Service
Genesis 1:1-3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
There’s something unique about the BEGINNING, the word of God tells us in John 1:1-5. One thing I realize as I read more scriptures is that right from the beginning there was darkness, Genesis 1, as God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form, the earth lacked order and amid disorder, God wanted to put things in order, so what did God do? The first thing He said was, “Let there be light!”. Light is God’s instrument for orderliness, and so when the word of God says “let there be light”, that statement meant “let things be in order”.
For there to be growth, there must be light. The word of God says, “you are the light of the world” (Matthew 5:14), So God wants you to KEEP SHINING and KEEP GROWING. The enemy will do everything possible to keep your light from shining so that you will stop growing spiritually, financially, business-wise, health-wise, etc.
Leviticus 6:12, whatever it takes make sure your light does not go out, make sure you become a victor and not a victim. Growth is an intentional process, Increased and sustained intensity requires intentionality. For you to increase and sustain your light, there must be intentionality. When you are the light, where ever you step in there must be order.
What does it take to shine continually?
- Divine Presence: The presence of God. The intensity of your light is a function of the quality of His presence in your life.The level at which you shine is a function of how much of God dwells in you, Isaiah 10:17, Psalm 18:28. God’s presence gives you rest, and His absence puts you in distress. For you to keep shining, you need God’s presence.
- Dunamis Power: The absence of connectivity hinders your functionality. If you are not connected to power, you will not function, Dunamis represents that inherent power and the Bible tells us in Acts 1:8. We need to connect with the power of the Holy Ghost, Acts 10:38, Jesus was functioning because He was connected to power. Such Dunamis power enhances your progressive growth, 1 Corinthians 3:6-7.
- Discover your purpose: Ecclesiastes 3:1, when people don’t discover their purpose, they become miserable, Ecclesiastes 8:6.
- Deploy your potentials: Deploy the gifting of God, Genesis 1:28, when God blessed men, He said “be fruitful”. When you manifest your potential, it gives you a place in your space.
- Develop Proficiency: Be better than you are, let your tomorrow be better than your today. When you determine to be competent, it gives you potency in life.In a competitive society, like we are today, it is your competence that gives you the power and makes you outshine. Develop your proficiency in life (study to show yourself approved, 2 Timothy 2:15), and never stop learning, you need to study so that you can be of greater value to your generation.
- Determined Purity: Exodus 27:20, Exodus 39:37, for you to burn always you need to be sure, once you are defiled the enemy will mess up your destiny, (look at the story of Sampson and Daniel) Sampson was defiled and was made a caricature, but Daniel chose not to defile himself and he stood out.
- Be a Disciplined Person: Discipline means to control yourself, your utterance, and your lifestyle, 1 Corinthians 9:27. When the enemy wants to destroy you, he will open the door of indiscipline to you.
Most times it seems like you are shining but when you look around, you’ll see that everything is collapsing that’s what happens when the light is not in you.
- My Father, my father, I reject the stronghold of darkness help me to shine for you.
- Help me to be a vessel unto honor, I reject every agenda of dishonor.
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Almighty God, you are the true light, by your grace and mercy let your light shine in my life, I repent of every act of darkness of every act of sin please forgive me, as from today Jesus come into my life and be my personal Lord and Savior I rededicate my life unto you I surrender unto you I forsake the life of sin and I surrender to the life of righteousness, thank you, Jesus, by your grace and mercy I will not disappoint you, I will not fail you in Jesus name I pray. Amen!
Leave a Reply