Led by God ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: LED BY GOD
Text: Nehemiah 9:11-13
Speaker: Pst. Belemina Obunge
Date: 16th April 2023. 1st Service
Nehemiah 9:11-13 (KJV)
11 And thou didst divide the sea before them, so that they went through the midst of the sea on the dry land; and their persecutors thou threwest into the deeps, as a stone into the mighty waters.
12 Moreover thou leddest them in the day by a cloudy pillar; and in the night by a pillar of fire, to give them light in the way wherein they should go.
13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:
One beautiful thing about being led by God is that when He leads you, He leads you to give you light and puts things right in your life. No matter the darkness you are going through, God leads you along that path that will bring light, and things become right.
Nehemiah 9:11-12, God leads us to give us light, He gives us light in the way we should go, the Bible tells us that amid confusion God is leading us through the day and the night.
Lord, I receive divine leading.
Whenever God is leading you, be rest assured that it is well, once God takes over be rest assured that it is well and that is the confidence you have, In Psalm 107:7.
Lord as I go forth this week, please lead me
When God leads, He leads you to give you light.
What does it mean when God leads you to give you light?
Using the acronym of L.I.G.H.T to give you an understanding of what God does when He leads you;
- The L stands for LAWS: When God leads you, He leads you with laws, commandments, policies, and principles. Every leader institute rules and regulation, without laws, lawlessness will step in and one will go astray, without principles there will be no direction, God is a God of principles, so when God leads you to a path of light, He gives laws and principles that we must abide by. In verse 13 of Nehemiah 9, God gave them laws they should abide by.
The unfortunate thing in Christianity amongst brethren is that they believe that God’s law is too grievous, they believe it is difficult, so they restrict themselves and miss the beauty of divine leading. Psalms 37:30-31, When God’s word prevails in your hearts it prevents you from sliding and going astray. Matthew 22:37-40, for anyone to be led by God, you must adhere to His instruction (His word).
My Father, my Father, strengthen us to hide to your word that we might not sin against you.
When you hold on to God’s word and live a life of Faith, that is when you begin to enjoy your Christian life. God is a God of Laws. If you want God to lead you, you must be ready to adhere to His word, laws, and principles.
- The I stands for INSIGHT: Nehemiah 9:14, one thing is clear, the Lord gives us insight and understanding. If you want to be led by God, you shouldn’t be a shallow Christian. We come to the church led by God not just to get His word and His laws but to have an insight and understanding so we can be better today than we were yesterday, Proverbs 9:9, Proverbs 4:1, Proverbs 4:13.
- The G stands for GROWTH: Nehemiah 9:15, every leader is particular about the growth of his organization and fathers are particular about their children growing. God is particular about leading us to the path of Growth, 1 Peter 2:2. It is an error to be in church for some time and you are not growing spiritually, it only means that you are led by your flesh and not by God. When God leads you, He leads you to grow, Luck 2:52, Jesus grew, 2 Peter 3:18 shows that growth is important.
When you miss out on Grace, your life becomes a Disgrace. When God leads you, you must have a sense of growth and a passion for growth in your life and the church. God is glorified with Growth, Jeremiah 30:19. He loves addition and multiplication and that is why you should win souls, there is a sense of responsibility in soul-winning, Genesis 1:28.
My Father, my Father, I reject every yoke of stagnation over my life and the church.
- The H stands for HOPE: Whenever God leads you, He gives you Hope, Psalms 146:5. Hope (H.O.P.E) means Holding On to Possible Experience, Isaiah 40:31(NIV).
- The T stands for TRANSFORMATION: When God leads you, He transforms your life entirely so that your life might be a praise unto Him. Deuteronomy 32:12-13. When God leads you, He transforms your situation and you begin to ride on a higher level in life, He will lift you to higher places. When God leads you, no matter how hard the ground is something sweet shall come forth.
- My Father, my Father, whatever it is in my life that will hinder my Joy and your purpose for me I reject in the name of Jesus, lead me by your laws, give me insight, and help me to grow, my hope is in you, transform me, by your word lead me oh God in the name of Jesus, amen!
- My Father, my Father, I reject every hold of the flesh operating over my destiny, I reject it in the name of Jesus, amen!
- My Father, my Father, whatever will cause my enemies to rejoice over me, I reject it in the name of Jesus, help me oh Lord to hide to your leading.
- Father, in any way I have gone wrong please have mercy upon me.