Hindrances of Celebration ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: Hindrances of Celebration
Text: Psalm 137:1-4
Minister: Pst. Belemina Obunge
The Lord had laid in our heart that the month of December is a month of celebration; and I am persuaded that as we are approaching the end of the year, you must celebrate in the name of Jesus name.
As much as God wants us to celebrate, there are some himdrances to celebration I will be sharing in this message. There are times people miss out on their celebration because of certain things that are done. Psalm 137:1-4 “”. Some persons might be saying, how can we celebrate when this year is not what it ought to have been annd things have gone upside down. Well, as I pondered, I realized that there are certain things that hinders celebration.
In the first instance, a Reckless Attitude. There are some people that ought to have been celebrating but somehow, they have given room to recklessness. The Lord had released blessings and people has been reckless about it. The Prdigal son is a classical example (Luke 15:13). He had been given his inheritance, yet he was reckless about it. Some people had been given a position or a job and yet they are careless about it. Some people had been given a contract and yet they are careless about it. So, instead of enjoying the profit thereof, they go into all manners of debts. While others are celebrating, they sit down, scratching their head and saying what will I do? Samson was careless; God had given him an anointing but he carelessly gave room to a woman in his life.
Some people get into the university and they carelessly waste away their time. While others are gaduating and celebrating, some are been sent out of the university. Some carelessly gave room to wrong associations and their lives are messed up. We one is reckless, he is recked and he is lessened. Whenever one is reckless, his life is lessened and it reduces. Some persons have been reckless about their health, some have been reckless about their eating habit, some have been reckless about themselves, and so they are not celebrating. God’s word tells me that there is hope for such persons, our God is a restorer. And I’m believing God that just like the prodigal son came to himself and went back to his father, someone reading this will message will be restored in Jesus. Isaiah 62:4
- In the second instance, something thing that hinders celebration apart from reckless attitude is when One’s blessing has been restraned or restricted by the Aversary. The Lord had blessed, and the adversary is holding it, trying to hinder is and forming a blocaked. Daniel had prayed, and the word of God tells us how, the Lord has actually released the answers to those prayers but the prince of persia stood as and adversary to hinder the answer to his prayer Daniel 10:12-13. I pray for somebody whose prayer has been hindered by an adversary, the power of God is putting away the adversary in the name of Jesus. Isaiah 54:15
- In the third instance, celebration is hindered when one’s testimony has been retrieved be Afflictors. The children of Israel were in Egypt and the Bilble tells us how they were afflicted. Exodus 1:11 but when they cried unto the Lord, the Lord heard their groanigs. Isaiah 54:11-15
- Finally, some people miss out on their celebration because, whether knowingly or unknowingly, they had rejected to be celebrated. There are times people walk away from the opportunies to be blessed. When the Lord remembers them and decides to bless them, some how they allow their situations to distract them and most times they allow their friends to distract them and lead them astray. The Bible says there is a way seems right to a man but the end is destruction.
- My father, my father, in any way I have not heeded to your voice, I’m sorry, please forgive me.
- Lord, by your grace and mercy, let there be a restoration in my life in Jesus name.
- Father, every yoke of affliction is broken in Jesus name. No more affliction in my family by your grace and mercy.