Gratitude ~ Pst Otonye Davies
Text: Psalms116:5-9, 12-14 (NLT)
Speaker: Pst. Otonye Davies
Date: 4th December 2022
Psalms 116:5-9 (NLT)
5 How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours!
6 The Lord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me.
7 Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me.
8 He has saved me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.
9 And so I walk in the Lord’s presence as I live here on earth!
Psalms 116:12-14 (NLT)
12 What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord’s name for saving me.
14 I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people.
What does it mean to be kind?
To be kind speaks of being generous, helpful and considerate of other person feelings.
How can we describe God’s generosity?
- When we realized that He daily meets our needs, He gives us our breath without fixing a meter or regulator to it and we don’t have to pay Him for the breath we take. Even when we have not done our obligations to him, He continually reaches out to us in mercy.
- If not for God, none of us would have been where we are today, no matter the situation we are in today there is someone out there wishing to be just like us. No matter the challenge we are going through, the truth is, despite those challenges God is worthy to be praised.
- Whether you like it or not God has been good, He protects us day and night.
When we daily access things that we are not worthy of, the first mistake we make is to think that the reason why we are where we are is because of our degree.
It is not because of the class of your degree, God chose you out to have mercy on you, He chose you out to favor you.
- The Lord protects us and saved us from death.
How can we appreciate God and all He has done for us?
- Praise Him
- Appreciate Him
- Allow the blessings He has given you to reach others because one way you appreciate God is to be a help unto others. God blesses you to bless others.
- Recognize what He has done for you by accepting Him as your Lord and personal savior.
God has done so much for us; may we not allow our ingratitude to prevent us from praising God for His goodness. Focus on what God has done and not what you want him to do.