GOD, THE LIFTER OF MEN ~ BRO. EKENE OTUGEME
TOPIC: GOD, THE LIFTER OF MEN
TEXT: PSALM 75:6-7
PREACHER: BRO. EKENE OTUGEME
6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
In my life’s journey, I have seen men rise from grass to grace, from little beginnings to mightiness, and after observing and I have concluded that indeed God is the lifter of men.
It is possible for you to say that the principle of success is so and so, but if God does not lift you up, you will remain where you are. I will be focusing on a case study today, and the name of this person is Joseph. Genesis 39:1-6. We would focus on how the presence of God in the Life of Joseph caused him to be lifted.
POINTS TO NOTE
1. The presence of God in a man’s life comes with evidences Gen. 39:1-6: From the scripture we read, it was realized that as Joseph came into Potiphar’s house, everything began to prosper, for Joseph’s sake. It means that in your community. things can begin to work well for your sake, in your work place, things can begin to work well for your sake. This is because you are a child of God; and the Bible say everything works together for good to them that love God. The presence of God in the life of a man comes with proof.
2. The presence of God in a man’s life comes with its own responsibilities [Gen. 39:4-6]: It means that when you have the presence of God, it’s one thing to say I’m going to be lifted but you must know that it comes with responsibilities. Potiphar gave Joseph charge of every. A child of God portrays trust, honesty, excellence and integrity. Joseph displayed all of that.
3. The presence of God in a man’s life does not exclude him form challenges [John 16:33]: Yes, God is with you, but the moment you are a light in this world, there are bound to be challenges. If you read from verse 7 to 20 of Genesis 39, you will see how Joseph went through challenges with Potiphar’s wife. He was out in prison but the presence of the LORD was still with him.
4. The presence of God that can cause a man to be lifted is not position or location dependent: If you are a child of God, where ever you find yourself He is there with you [Gen. 39:20-21]. We see how God favoured Joseph even in the prison.
5. The presence of God changes the narrative [Gen. 39:22-23]. Joseph under normal circumstances, was supposed to be maltreated but he became a leader in the Prison. Job 22:29″When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person”
6. The Presence of God causes men to be lifted to heights they never imagined [Psalm 40:2]: When Joseph came into Egypt, he came as a slave boy but was later appointed as overseer in Potiphar’s house, and much later a prime minister in Egypt. Gen. 41:39
– Father carry me and plant my feet on higher ground.
– Oh Lord lift me up by your presence from nothing to something.
Leave a Reply