Go Forward ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: Go Forward
Text: Exodus 14:13-15
Minister: Pst. Belemina Obunge
When the Lord told me that this month, the Focus was GO FORWARD, I was very excited. In Exodus chapter 13, when the children of Israel were being pursued by the Egyptians and they were frightened, scared and terrified. There in Exodus 14, the Lord spoke to them through Moses saying, in verse 13 “Fear Ye not, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will show to you today; for the Egyptians which you see today, you shall see them no more forever”. And verse 14 says, the Lord shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace. I love verse 15, the bible says “The Lord said unto Moses, speak to the children of Israel that they go forward”.
I realized that so many people have been stagnant in life, so many people have remained on one spot; so many people are not where they ought to be because of the strong holds that has been holding them. I declare to you today by the power of God’s word, those strong holds that has been holding you, is destroyed in the name Jesus name.
The NIV version of verse 13 says “Stand firm and you shall see the deliverance of the Lord”; stand firm in your conviction that God is alive; stand firm in your conviction that God has said you should go forward and His is with you; stand firm in your conviction that God has said “I have a good plan for you, thoughts of good, and not of evil, to give you an expected end”. That same God will come through for you in Jesus name.
Beloved brethren, this month, it will be a disaster if you remain stagnant, it will be an insult to God’s word concerning you. This month, by God’s grace and mercy, you are going forward in the name of Jesus.
There are certain things that can happen to a man’s destiny:
1. His Destiny could be submerged: Their potentials could be submerged, their greatness could be submerged, the prospects and plans to whatever God wants them to succeed on could be submerged, their hope could be submerged. Ezekiel 37, the Lord takes Ezekiel to a valley that was full of bones, the bones were very dry. And the Lord had sked Ezekiel, can these bones live again? Ezekiel says – Lord you know. The Bible says in Ezekiel 37:12 “Thus saith the Lord, behold, I will open your grave and cause you to come out of your grave, and bring you before the land of Israel.” I declare, as many whose greatness are being submerged, the tomb is opened and your greatness is stepping out in Jesus name.
2. For some persons, they are not submerged, but their glory and greatness is just asleep. They seem to just be sleeping. And the word of God says while men slept, the enemy came and sowed tares. [Matt. 13:25]. What do I mean by sleeping? They have lost consciousness; they are no aware of the opportunities all around them. They are just there and are sleeping away their destiny; they are not aware that things are happening around them because the enemy has closed their eyes. They are missing out on their greatness. The word of God says, a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of hands; so shall your poverty be. [Proverbs 24:33-34].
Some people are not aware of their opportunities in life. But there is something that David said and I would like us to connect with that word – Psalm 57:8 “Awake now my glory”; in other words, my greatness shall not be asleep, my potential shall not be asleep; I shall begin to awake and go forward. Prophetic Declaration (My Father, my Father, in anyway my glory is sleeping, awake now in Jesus name).
3. From Sleeping, there is yet another stage where people are just sitting. They could be sitting in comfort, some are just sitting down, they are at ease in Zion. They are just relaxed and saying, “well, we have tried”; and the enemy wants it so. Amos 6:1 “Woe to them that are at ease in Zion”. Some are just sitting in frustration. Some are complaining like Elijah and murmuring, but the Lord is saying Arise and Go Forward. As you go forward, you are going to possess the land.
4. There are some that just stand, they are looking left and looking right wondering what to do next. You see, when they stand it’s good but when one is confused, it’s a problem. I pray for you, that as you stand, you shall hear from the Lord, the vision shall be clear and you shall run in the name of Jesus. In Habakkuk 1:2 “I will stand upon my watch to see what the Lord will say to me”; and in verse 2 “Write the vision, make it plain, that he may run that reads it”. From standing to running, because you received a vision from God.
5. From standing, there are some, that move forward in slow motion. Things are just moving on a slow pace. As I was praying, God said He is giving some people divine speed. Prov. 15:19 “The way of a slothful man is thorns, but the way of the righteous is made plain”. I have discovered that the key to God taking over your business is in your being passionate about God’s business. My prayer is that every strong hold of sluggishness in your life is removed in the name of Jesus.
As far as God is concerned, this month we must Go Forward. In any way the enemy has been trying to submerge you, submerge your Christian life, you realized that you are not going forward in your Christian life, that shall come to an end in Jesus name. The devil knows that when he is able to over-power your Christian life, you will not be able to proclaim rest in other aspects of your life. He is out to kill, to steal and to destroy, but God’s word is clear, this month, you are going forward.
- My Father, my father, every yoke of Stagnancy operating over my Destiny, I reject in the name of Jesus. This month, I am going forward
- Oh Lord, every agent of stagnancy operating over my business, family, loved ones, be broken in Jesus name. Awake my glory in Jesus name
- My Father, my father, I receive Divine inspiration and divine direction to go forward in Jesus name.