Give no place to the devil – Pst Soji Oni
Topic: Give no place to the devil
Text: John 10:10
The thief’s only agenda/assignment is to steal, kill and destroy but God’s plan is for us to have abundant life. That is why when Jesus never promised us that there would be no challenges but asked us to be of good cheer for he has overcome the world. The agenda of the devil is an agenda no Christian should ever entertain.
The devil is deceitful and has a calculated way of working (Joel 1 vs 4). He can trail a man for many years just to see his downfall; that is why we must never give room to devil.
To live successfully and fulfil destiny we must:
- You must give no place to the devil (Ephesians 4:27). If you give the devil an inch, he will go miles.
- You must understand that God wants to give you the best. Do not settle for less.
- You must never negotiate with the devil and you must resist any negotiation that has been made with the devil on your behalf by your forefathers.
- You must keep your prayer altar consistently burning.
- You must be strong and of a good courage. If you are not strong and courageous, you will lose many battles in life. It takes courage to battle (Joshua 1 vs 6-8)
- You must know that even if you have no armour to fight with, God is always on your side. One with God is greater than the whole world. When the time is come to fight, begin to fight. Do not relax.
- You must submit yourself to God and resist the devil and you will see him flee from you (James 4 vs 7)