Generational Restoration ~ Pst Segun Esho
Topic: Generational Restoration
Text: Matthew 1:1-6
Date: 25TH April, 2021
Speaker: Pst. Segun Esho
Matthew 1:1-6 (KJV)
1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; 3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; 4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; 5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; 6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Prayer: Every generational pattern, every ancestral linage in my life, in my father’s house, in my mother’s house, let it come to an end today in the name of Jesus.
The generation of David started from Abraham and everybody that was mentioned was a man, but how come a woman sneaked into this narrative? How come Ruth’s name was sneaked into these narratives as the only woman?
LESSONS TO LEARN FROM RUTH (HOW SHE TURNED AROUND AND MOVE ON TO THE GENERATIONAL RESTORATION)
- She was determined regardless of the negative situation; she was determined not to go back to her vomit.
- She was hopeful and expectant, she was hopeful and expectant regardless of her past. 2 Corinthians 5:17, Isaiah 43:18-19 (your past does not impact your future), Jeremiah 29:15, Romans 15:13.
- Nothing good happens without sacrifice, it took sacrifice for Ruth to make that decision. Psalms 126:1-6 Ephesians 3:20. Even when it comes to blessing/financial breakthrough, you need sacrifice. Genesis 22:16-18. Ruth could only sneak into the narratives by sacrifice.
- She was hardworking and industrious. Ruth 2:2, Ecclesiastes 9:10, Psalm 1:3.
- Obedience to instructions. Ruth 3:1-6, Deuteronomy 28:1. Miracles are gotten by simple instructions.
- She connected with her redeemer. Ruth 4:4-5
Jesus paid with His life, He went through the cross, He was molested for our sake, just to redeem us.
My Father! My Father! In the name of Jesus, everything I need to do to secure my generational greatness, regardless of my situation or present circumstances, everything I need to do to guarantee my generational greatness, help me to do it in the name of Jesus!
PRAYER OF RECONCILATION/SALVATION
Dear Lord Jesus, I thank you for this opportunity, I am sorry for all my sins, Lord please remove my name from the book of death and write my name in the book of life, Lord I accept you as my Lord and savior, thank you Father, in Jesus precious name I pray, Amen!