Fire on the Altar ~ Pst. Kennedy Agbanigo
Topic: Fire on the Altar
Text: Leviticus 6:12-13
Preacher: Pst. Kennedy Agbanigo
Leviticus 6:12 “And the fire upon the altar shall be burning in it; it shall not be put out: and the priest shall burn wood on it every morning, and lay the burnt offering in order upon it; and he shall burn thereon the fat of the peace offerings. Vs 13 The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out.”
Fire in this context is a sign of liveliness and visible sign of reasonable service unto God. Liveliness is God being present, liveliness means where you can touch life, liveliness means spiritual consciousness, divinity connected to humanity.
How to keep the fire burning
Proverbs 26:20 “Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.”
The word “wood” in this scripture is a metaphoric rendering, therefore we’ll be looking at three major Woods that must not be removed from your altar; they are:
- The wood of God’s word: God’s word is the spiritual constitution in which we use to exercise our authority in our world. To put an end to spiritual warfare you need the word of God.
Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?.
- God’s word is the bedrock to every breakthrough spiritually
- The word of God is our weapon in Warfare
- The word of God generates fire in our altar
- The word of God is what gives you weight in the midst of the storm
- The wood of purity: your purity is your access to God’s thron, the purer we are the more the fire keeps burning. Purity is not generated by your power, you need to depend on Jesus for purity.
Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
- If you are not pure you are spiritually poor
- Secret purity brings you into authority
- 3. The wood of prayer
The limitation you have in destiny can be tied or traced to your constantly keeping quiet and being less prayerful. Whosoever controls a territory influences things around there, you can achieve this on your kneels as a child of God. Unfortunately, people prefer to contracts people to pray on their behalf whereas God is their father also. Scripture says in Luke 18:1b “men ought always to pray and not to faint.” Engaging in prayers will therefore help the fire to keep burning on your altar and brings you into power with God.
God’s word, purity, and prayer cannot be undermined when it comes to keeping the fire burning in your altar. The call to responsibility in these areas of your life is an urgent one, this will be a channel of breakthrough into your purpose and destiny in lif. Therefore decide today, to respond.
- Ask the lord for mercy concerning your shortcomings.
- Ask God for empowerment, that the fire on your altar will continually born in Jesus name amen