Fight Back ~ Bro. Philemon Okeke
TOPIC: Fight Back
TEXT: 1 Samuel 17:34-35
SPEAKER: Bro. Philemon Okeke
1 Samuel 17:34-35 (KJV)
34 And David said unto Saul, the servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: 35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
USING THE STORY OF DAVID IN 1 SAMUEL 17 AS A CASE STUDY: The mystery of the lion carrying the sheep is that lions don’t carry their prey with their hands but with their teeth, but the miracle is that David went after the lion, rescued the sheep alive even after the sheep had been gripped by the teeth of the lion.
The rescue was beyond physical, it was divine, when David came back, the lion chased after him, he did not just kill the lion but slew the lion.
The objective of today’s sermon is to pursue what the enemy has taken from you, meet up with the enemy and destroy the enemy.
EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE THAT FOUGHT BACK:
1. Elizabeth (Luke 1:57-65): She fought against family limitation concerning the naming of her son.
2. Esau (Romans 9:13, Genesis 27:30-40, Genesis 33:1-9): Esau fought and broke the yoke of slavery, he fought through the curse.
3. Reuben (Genesis 49:3-4, Deuteronomy 33:6): There are mistakes made by your fore fathers, you can reverse it, just like Moses reversed the curse laid on Reuben.
4. Cain (Genesis 4:9): Cain was guilty as charged and was cursed by God, his curse has no limitation but he looked upon God and God reversed it. As long as you can handle it, God will not carry it.
SCRIPTURES WE CAN USE TO FIGHT BACK:
1. James 4:7
2. Matthew 16:19
3. Lamentation 3:37
4. Matthew 3:4
5. Romans 8:1
6. Numbers 23:23
HOW TO FIGHT BACK:
1. Insist on prophecies (1 Timothy 1:18): Anything that is happening to you that does not work in accordance to prophecies fight against it.
2. Insist on your expectations (Matthew 7:7-11)
3. Insist on the word of God.
4. Speak positively, resist the devil and repent of all sins.
1. Father I resist Satan and every load he has put upon me.
2. Father according to your word in Matthew 16:19, I bind every force limiting me and my loved ones, I loose my testimony, I loose my breakthrough, I loose my Good news.
3. Lord Jesus according Lamentation 3:37, everything spoken in my life that is not in accordance with your word, I reject them now.
4. According to Matthew 3:4, I declare that bad result a lie.
5. Lord, according to Romans 8:1, every condemnation over my life, I reject you, my body is not your temple, my body is not your habitat.
6. Lord Jesus according to Numbers 23:23, There is no enchantment against (put your name) and no divination against (put your name).
In Jesus Name Amen!
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, remove my name from the book of death, I confess my sins (start confessing your sin, tell God what you did wrong), give me the grace not to sin again, In Jesus name, Amen!