Do you know you are Privileged? ~ Pst. Adesoji Oni
Topic: DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE PRIVILEGED?
Text: Matthew 19:10-11
Preacher: Pst. Adesoji Oni
10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
Many of us have a lot of things we take for granted; when we have things experienced in our life, we most times feel it is normal. In the book of Matthew 19:10-11 “His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry. But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.” You know very well that the Pharisees came to tempt Jesus about marriage, and Jesus clearly stated to them tht you cannot divorce, and at that point they looked at it to better for one mot to get married at all, if divorcing will be seen as adultery in the sight of God. Jesus’ response in the next reveals a kingdom mystery, not just about marriage but even down to things pertaining to the kingdom of God. He revealed that all men cannot receive the things that pertains to God. This is why sometimes the reasoning of a true Christian does not go in line with the people of the world; why because in Matthew 13:44 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field”. I want to emphasize the word ease, the kingdom is not for everyone, but only for those whom God has open their eyes to see. Psalms 92:6 “A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.” A brutish man knoweth not, for it is not given unto him to know.
Mark 4:10-12 “And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.” There are things that God speak in coded language to everyone, but to the children of the kingdom, he speak to their understanding. Those things may not be understood by the people without, by we that are within have been given the privilege to know these things because we have been regenerated by the spirit of God. The spirit of God that is the custodian of all the wealth of the knowledge of God resides in us and is the one that is giving us the interpretation of things. That’s why we get revelations from the word of God. 1 Cor. 2:14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” And now, I want to list out some things that doesn’t make sense before the people of the world but makes sense to us as believers.
Things that don’t make sense to the natural man THAT WE MUST KNOW AS BELIEVERS
1. Being spiritual: You must be spiritual to discern the mystery of God. John 3:2-5 reveals the need to be led by the spirit. Also, 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
2. Thanksgiving: 1 Thess 5:18 “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”. Some years back, someone lost his sister, in the bid of consoling and bringing comfort to the bereaved family: sharing the scriptures with the person, I said we give thanks to God, and the person stopped me and asked “Pastor, do we still give thats to God for things like this? I told him yes, in all things give thanks” We must learn the act of Thanksgiving in all things.
3. Tithing: Years back, our father in the Lord (Daddy E.O Adeboye) preached a message on tithing, and he stated that those who don’t pay tithe will not make it to heaven. He proved it and said because God called them robbers. When God say bring all the tithe to my storeroom. If God says ‘bring all’ and you are still struggling, then you have not understood the mystery of the kingdom in area of tithing. Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
God’s desire is that, whatever happens, we should at all point in our lives engage the mystery of the kingdom, and this to our profiting. We are therefore required, not just to engage the mystery only but to search and trust God to reveal to these mysteries to us.
- If you have not surrender to Jesus, you will do that now by asking him to come into your life today.
- Regardless of what you are going through, the LORD God will turn it around in Jesus name.