Designing and Building your Marriage according to God’s Specification ~ Rev. Prof. Mosy Madugba
Topic: Designing and Building your Marriage according to God’s Specification
Text: Genesis 2:18-25
Preacher: Rev. Prof. Mosy Madugba
When it comes to designing and building you Marriage according to God’s specification, it is worthy of note to know that when a man’s marriage is sound, his anointing will be sound, his focus and every about his life will be in order.
When God was done with creation, the only thing he saw that was not good, was the loneliness of man. And God had to fix it by instituting marriage to meet the need of man’s companionship.
Meeting God’s specification in marriage requires that we pay attention to some key factors. Psalm 11:3 “If the foundation be destroyed, what shall the Righteous do?”
At the beginning of the teaching of Jesus Christ in Matt. 7:24-27 he talked about foundation.
Many marriages started beautifully well and didn’t expect the challenges and problems they eventually had as time went on. Sometimes these problems can be traced to the foundation of the relationship; where did you meet your spouse, what was your centre of attraction, and so on.
From the text Matt. 7:24-27, we see that the wind could be a challenge if not properly handled, as well as the rain and flood; all these can be the challenge in marriage in a situation where the foundation in not built on the Rock (God).
- Wind of Change
- Rain of blessing
- Flood of test
WHAT IS MARRIAGE?
Marriage is the mutual coming together of two people (Man and Woman) to solve a factory problem of companionship.
Marriage provides a forum for husband and wife to comfort each other in little and plenty.
Marriage is three full cords -the love of the husband, the wife and God.
Marriage is a harbour, somewhere to shelter in the storm.
WHAT IS THE PATTERN OF A SOUND MARRIAGE?
- God is the head of all things Col. 2:10, Col. 1:18, Eph. 1:22
- Husband is the head of every home. Eph. 5:22
- Husband is the chief priest of the home. 1 Peter 2:9
- Love is the uncompromising bonding ingredients to every marriage. Eph. 5:24-29, 1 Cor. 13:1-13
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR MARRIAGE?
- Love yourselves. Ecc. 9:9, 1 Peter 4:8
- Communicate adequately. Isaiah 58:7, 1 Tim. 4:12b
- Submit one to another. Eph. 5:21
- Provide for and protect each other from evil. 1 Timothy 5:8. Provide financial support, emotional support, social platform and security
- Create a romantic atmosphere for your home and satisfy each other sexually. 1 Cor. 7:1-4
- Develop each other for a better tomorrow. Phil. 4:8. Upgrade yourself constantly by attending seminars and conferences.
- Build your homes together. 1 Tim. 5:8
- Raise godly Children Gen. 18:19
- Admire and be grateful for the efforts of your spouse
CHALLENGES TO CHRISTIAN MARIAGES
Some of the challenges we have in Christian marriages comes because of:
- Lack of Knowledge
- Spiritual slavery and dedication
- Spiritual marriages
- Satanic assignments
- Family foundation
- Sorcery by jealous people
- Household wickedness
- Domestic staff and bad neighbour
- Satanic Priesthood
HOW TO ADDRESS THESE CHALLENGES
Renouncing of Altars
Frustrate the activities of darkness