Breaking Through Sieges ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: Breaking Through Sieges
Text: Judges 6:6-16
Ministering: Pst. Belemina Obunge
In Judges Chapter 6, as you read down from verse 6 to 16, the word of God tells us a story of how Israel was greatly impoverished while they were under a siege. They were been surrounded and oppressed by the Midianites, and they felt so bad and they cried unto the Lord. The bible said that the Lord sent a prophet to them, and made it clear to them in verse 9 “And I delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all that oppressed you, and drove them out from before you, and gave you their land”. Fear not, in other words, because you have given room to fear, you’ve allowed yourself to be under a siege. We all know the story of Gideon, the bible share how Gideon was hiding away like all his friends, colleagues and family, and lo and behold, the Angel of the Lord comes forth; in verse 12 “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.” A mighty man, yet he was full of fear, a mighty man, yet he was hiding away.
The Lord was not calling him the way he saw himself, the Lord was calling him the way the Lord saw him. Forget about how people see you and begin to ask yourself, how does the Lord see me? They Lord says, hey, you are a mighty man of valour but Gideon did not connect with that: Gideon say I am the least in my father’s house, I am from a very poor family, and he did not connect with God’s vision for his life. No wonder he was not fulfilling destiny. When the Lord says in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts I think towards you, thoughts of Good and not of evil, that will give you an expected end” This is based on how God sees us.
In verse 14, the Lord looked upon him and said, go in this thy might. Now listen, Gideon looked at himself as a weakling but the Lord said you are a mighty man. He said don’t go in the way you see yourself, but go with the might that I see you to be; don’t go with your sight, go with my vision for your life; don’t go with what people are saying concerning you, go with what I declare concerning you. Beloved, I realized that the way to destroy the siege that people may be enveloped in, is connecting with divine vision. So many people are in all kinds of siege, some experience siege of sickness, stagnancy, satanic strong holds, and for some it is sinful habits. Every siege operating over you shall be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
Gideon needed to connect with the way God saw him. We ask ourselves, do you see the way God sees you? So I ask myself brethren, what does it take to break out of a siege?
HOW TO BREAK OUT OF A SIEGE
1. Visionary mind-set: You must have a visionary mind-set. Wherever you go, you must see yourself the way God sees you. Don’t allow yourself to be defined by your situation, but be defined by your vision. Don’t be defined by your sight, be defined by the future where God is taking you to. Many have defined themselves by the way they see themselves and the way people see them, but God had to tell Gideon – Move in this thy might, I have called you a mighty man, not a weak man. (2 Cor. 2:14)
2. Inspirational Mind-set: I realized that inspiration is a fuel for actualization. For people to actualize certain things, they need to be inspired. And for you to be inspired, look for those that will inspire you. 2 Tim. 3:16 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”. So, when you connect with the word of God, you are connecting with the words of inspiration. When you come to church and you hear God’s word, you are connecting with that which will make you realize that you can make it in life; that no matter what others are saying, God has a final say concerning your life. So, you must have an inspirational mind-set. God is able to do exceeding abundantly, above all that you can think or imagine.
3. Strategic mind-set: Strategy talks about plan. I realized that strategy prevails over energy. Ask God for a strategy. Psalm 18:30. Beloved, do you want to experience a breakthrough from siege? Ask God for a strategy. Men can give you their opinions but God will give you the winning strategy. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
4. Information mind-set: You must seek for information, acquire information in those areas you want to experience victory. “Knowledge is power” You want to experience financial breakthrough, read on finances; you want to experience breakthrough in business or career, read about it. (Proverbs 24:4)
5. Overcomers mentality: Sieges are broken when you determine to overcome. When you overcome, you will be able to come over to the other side. Lift your and say I am an overcomer, Lord I receive grace to overcome. (Revelation 2:26)
6. Networker’s mentality: Your connection determines your power. If you are connected to I pass my neighbour generator, the power that will be generated will be I pass my neighbour power. If you are connected to a 5KVA, the power that will be generated will be 5KVA power, as your connection increases, your power increases too. Your connection determines your power. Some people have connected themselves with men and men failed them, some have connected themselves with all kinds of things and their lives is in danger.
Today, I want to encourage you that, to breakthrough any siege, you need the power of God. When the Lord told Gideon in Judges 6:16 “Surely I will be with thee and thou shall smite the Midianites as one man”. No matter the siege, one may be going through, as you connect yourself to the most-high God, the Lord will put your enemies to shame in the name of Jesus.
– My Father, my father, every siege operating over my life and family, by your power, destroy in the name of Jesus.
– I reject every yoke of discouragement in my life and business. I receive inspiration from your word in Jesus name
– Oh Lord open my eyes to information that shall make me distinguished in my life.
Leave a Reply