Breaking Limitations ~Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: BREAKING LIMITATIONS
Text: Genesis 27:40
Speaker: Pst. Belemina Obunge
Date: 29th January 2022. 1st Service
Genesis 27:40 (KJV)
40 And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.
Breaking limitations is an intentional process, there must be a desire to break forth, the word of God shares with us in Genesis 27:40, “…when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.” when you exercise that dominion than that yoke that is forcing you to submit and slumber shall be broken.
What does it take to have /exercise dominion?
- There must be the will to conquer: The first condition for victory in life is the will to conquer, one can be born again, in the spirit filled but still lack the will to conquer. It is often said that when there is a will, there is a way which means when one lacks the will, you won’t even see the way, you will just be complaining and giving excuses. Isaiah 1:19 tells us that “if you be willing…”. So if you are willing to go forth and conquer, the Lord will open up Heavens towards you and you shall conquer in the name of Jesus! Amen.
Stop looking at your condition and giving excuses, Joseph in the Bible experienced diverse conditions but he didn’t give excuses, he was willing to prove himself as a child of God wherever he was. There must be a willingness to conquer. “The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Revelation 3:21 (ESV), when you are willing to conquer, you experience authority. Don’t give room to being subjected, whether it’s a habit or not, make up your mind that you must conquer!
- You must know the right way to consider: In life, there are several ways but there is THE WAY, so you need to ask God for THE WAY, the Lord is a massive strategist, and we need to ask Him for His strategies. Haggai 1:5-7, ask yourself these questions; Am I doing this right? Is this the way God wants me to go? Consider the ways! So many people are bent on a particular way, their mind is fixed that they are not willing to consider. There are several ways but God is saying “I AM THE WAY!”.
- There are works to carry out: The work you do can be an instrument of bondage, it can also be an instrument for deliverance. Revelation 3:15-16, Ephesians 2:10, Hebrew 10:24, Acts 10:38. When you are determined to serve God, God gives you strength and ability, and the Holy Spirit will empower you. When everyone will be complaining, you’ll be bouncing on your feet because the Lord has empowered you. Do the extra and the Lord will give you extra, how vibrant are you to do the works of the Lord? Exodus 23:25. God is a rewarder.
- The wisdom to comply with God’s word: Isaiah 1:19-20, you want God to give you a breaking forth? Then obey God’s word, be wise to obey God’s words, Proverbs 11:30, when one goes the extra mile to win souls you are doing yourself a favour and you are wise, be intentional about soul-winning because it pleases God and the Heavens rejoice when one soul repents. What a man sows is what He shall reap, so if you make God rejoice, He will make you rejoice abundantly.
Proverbs 14:8, The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit, be wise to obey God’s word!
- My father, my father! I reject every yoke of limitations operating over my life, by your grace and mercy I ask that you show me the way to live a victorious life, I need your help.
- Strengthen me to do your works in the name of Jesus!
- Oh Lord! Every yoke of infirmity operating over my life hindering me from doing your works, I reject in the name of Jesus!
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Almighty God, I come before your presence with a sincere heart asking for your mercy, I am very sorry for every act of sin. For every act of compromise, please forgive me, as from today, I surrender my life, I rededicate my life to Jesus, have your way in my life strengthen me to live a Holy life, I need your help, I reject the stronghold of addiction and sin, help me oh God as from today, I shall be a vessel unto honour, thank you Jesus, in Jesus’ name, Amen!