Breaking Financial Limitations ~ Pst. Emmanuel Okolo
Topic: BREAKING FINANCIAL LIMITATIONS
Text: Isaiah 54:1-2
Speaker: Pst. Emmanuel Okolo
Date: 15th January 2022. 1st Service
Isaiah 54:1-2 (KJV)
1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst does not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
Limitations are not meant to be observed, they are not meant to be calculated, and they are not there for you to complain, you have only one approach to limitations and that’s to break them.
What are the limitations?
- They are barriers
There are three purposes for every limitation
- To stop progress: Man is designed to move, when you are not making progress at all, God is concerned.
- To slow movement: When there are limitations and barriers (bumps), you’ll slow down no matter the speed you are on.
- To prevent and terminate your goal: it makes you not reach your goal.
When there is a limitation, there is slow movement and delay.
There are several life limitations, but the worst is financial limitations (money limitations). Money is so essential that everybody needs it, 2 kings 4:1. Any time there is a financial problem, God never sends His people to the bank, He sends them rather to a prophet, and sends His words.
Most of you are financially stranded because your first approach to wonders is the bank. believe in the prophet and you shall prosper (2 Chronicles 20:20), it is the God of the prophet and the prophet that is the first point of call.
God wants you to prosper financially, God’s intention for you is to be above limitations in your finances, Psalms 35:27, one of the reasons why Jesus died is to terminate financial embarrassment, 2 Corinthians 9:6-8, God gave us an enabler called grace, anything God does, He does it through a supply of grace.
Anytime God makes a promise, it is our role to find out what we are supposed to do, our walk with God is a covenant walk, so we need to find out our place in it.
Covenant walk with God which keeps us above limitations.
- Tithe: This is one-tenth of your income; it is a must. Malachi 3:8-10
Blessings that come upon you when you tithe
- Open heavens: A tither does not pray for open heavens, the heavens open as a portion that belongs to God.
- Offering: Exodus 29:2, Offering unlike tithe has no amount attached to it but it is in your offering that God knows whether you are generous or not.
Reasons why God wants you to be financially stable
- He wants you to be comfortable.
- He wants you to advance His kingdom.
- He wants you to help others.
Father, in the name of Jesus, every hold of stinginess towards you, let it be broken in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Lord Jesus, today I come to you, I am a sinner please forgive me, Lord Jesus, I accept you as my Lord and personal savior, thank you for saving me in Jesus’ name, Amen!