Blessed People ~ Pst. Belemina Obunge
Topic: Blessed People
Text: Genesis 22:16-18
Speaker: Pst. Belemina Obunge
Date: 13th June, 2021 | 2nd Service
i6 and said, “by Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 “blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. 18 “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice”.
It’s God’s desire that each and everyone of us experience blessings from all sides. When we talk about blessings, we talk about how all the forces on earth and even in heaven are compelled to favor you.
Been blessed is;
- A creative right, Genesis 1:22-28
- A covenant right, Genesis 1:23
- A command right, Deuteronomy 28:8, Psalms 133:3
- A conditional right, Deuteronomy 18:1-2
Characteristics of a blessed people (those blessed by God)
- They are resourceful, Genesis 1:28, God has release resources unto you not just for yourself but for you to make an impact in your generation. They replenish the earth, subdue it and exercise dominion.
- A blessed person operates with riches, Genesis 24:35, Proverbs 10:22, when one is blessed by God, they experience riches (not just financial riches, we are talking about riches in diverse ways, intellectually, health wise, academically etc.) Exodus 23:25
- A blessed person experiences rest, Psalms 29:11, when you have peace from every side, that is blessing, having rest from every side, 1 Kings 5:4
- A blessed person is resistant to curses, you cannot be blessed and be experiencing curses. Number 22:12, once you are blessed, you are resistant to curses. Number 23:20, Number 23:23, Deuteronomy 23:5, Proverbs 26:2.
- A blessed person rejoices, Deuteronomy 16:15, we should always smile because we are blessed. Psalms 89:15-16, Matthew 5:11
- The blessed people are righteous, Psalms 89:16, blessed people move along the path of righteousness. Psalms 24:5. A blessed person is a righteous person. Romans 4:6, the blessing of a man is synonymous with righteousness.
- The blessed person is rewarded by God, James 1:12, when you are blessed, God rewards you but it’s for those that endures temptation to overcome temptation. Deuteronomy 11:26-28
Ask yourself a simple question, ARE YOU OBEYING GOD?
- My father, my father, by your grace and mercy, every strong hold of compromise over my life, I reject in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, please destroy every hindrance to my blessings in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, help me to move along the path of obedience, so that I will be blessed. In Jesus name.
PRAYER OF SALVATION
Almighty God, I come before your presence, with sincerity of heart, asking for your mercy, I am very sorry for every act of sin and compromise, please forgive me as from today, I confess my sins, Jesus come into my life, be my personal Lord and savior, help me to live a Holy life, I need your help by grace and mercy, I forsake my sinful ways and I surrender to you thank you Jesus for giving me this opportunity, I will not fail you by your grace and mercy. In Jesus name, Amen!
Leave a Reply